CPU vs GPU
Read your posted benchmarks again. They say (and royce too) that your GPU is almost 10 times faster than your CPU.

k != M
so then why does it seem like the GPU goes slower on. the brute force then the CPU? The desktop is maxed out at 512 mb but only uses 128mb and when it uses the CPU, it uses 2G of ram out of the 12G it has and the 2G of ram (assuming it is in fact using ram) seems faster.
You said your CPU was better than your GPU. This is not correct. Your GPU is much better. How much RAM you're using only matters when using large lists of rules, etc.
~
how come it seems slower in the beginning?
CPU benchmarks are kind of inaccurate because of the power management. Once it's running, it's running.
hm.. ok
how come you're not able to allocate more CPU to the process? I would think if I gave more CPU then me performance would out-do my GPU
You need to enable it, use -D1
I know -D 1 enables the CPU but I want to allocate more CPU power to it
(02-28-2017, 02:54 AM)kola.kolya0 Wrote: how come you're not able to allocate more CPU to the process? I would think if I gave more CPU then me performance would out-do my GPU

Your CPU is is performing at a 1/8 or 12% of your GPU. In other words, it's very slow. Whatever you want to add to your CPU, it will never outperform the GPU. Trust me.