Hashcat 3.0 CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR
(07-02-2016, 09:43 PM)MsChievous Wrote:
(07-02-2016, 08:52 PM)lisa Wrote:
Code:
Unsupported OS
Detected operating system is not supported. Supported operating systems for this release are:
Ubuntu* 12.04 (Intel(R) 64), 14.04 (Intel(R) 64)

Looks like it doesn't support Ubuntu 16.04. That is too bad! Sad

(07-02-2016, 08:52 PM)lisa Wrote: I guess my PC is way to shitty.
I'll stick to hashcat 2 instead.

It seems they haven't bothered compiling the OpenCL drivers for Ubuntu 16.04 but it also seems like it still tries to install but it is missing the lsb-core dependency. If you want to try still you could get lsb-core from here: http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool..._amd64.deb

For some reason it was not included in 16.04 so you need to install the package from 14.04, but apparently it installs fine in 16.04 from what I found on Google. See if it will install after that. But since you have hashcat 2 already it might not be worth the trouble. Smile

Thank you again for your time.
Unfortunately this did not help for me.

I don't have 2.0 downloaded at the moment but got it on a different computer where I can download it.
This did not work for me, however, it might work for other people that have the same issue as me.

Thanks for everything.
To fix this on Ubuntu 16.04 (and Debian stretch):

Code:
sudo apt install beignet-opencl-icd

Cheers,
The Intel OpenCL runtime 16.1 runs fine on Ubuntu 16.04. It shows that incompatibility error, but it works.
I have the same problem, after trying to install several driver for my nvidia card I still getting
clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
ubuntu 16.04
also I tried to install
sudo apt-get install beignet-opencl-icd
but problem doesn't dissapear
entire output:
Code:
hashcat (v3.20) starting in benchmark mode...

X server found. dri2 connection failed!
DRM_IOCTL_I915_GEM_APERTURE failed: Invalid argument
Assuming 131072kB available aperture size.
May lead to reduced performance or incorrect rendering.
get chip id failed: -1 [22]
param: 4, val: 0
beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware
(If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

No devices found/left
I get the same error on a pretty old laptop with an unsupported GPU. But I want to run CPU-only without OpenCL, is that possible with hashcat?

Code:

It works with my other computers that has OpenCL capable GPUConfused, but not on the laptop with crappy GPU. Is CPU-only support dropped?
you can just use the --opencl-device-types 1 (or short -D 1) command line argument to filter your cpu devices.
Of course the correct OpenCL driver (also make sure which version numbers hashcat suggests) must be installed.

This is also explained in the --help output:
Quote:-D, --opencl-device-types | Str | OpenCL device-types to use, separate with comma | -D 1
# | Device Type
===+=============
1 | CPU

... and no, it's not possible to run hashcat on CPUs/GPUs that do not support OpenCL at all (I'm refering here to your sentence "I want to run CPU-only without OpenCL", you might use hashcat-legacy for that case <- unrecommended because hashcat-legacy will not be updated frequently)
(12-24-2016, 07:51 PM)first_colocation Wrote: I have the same problem, after trying to install several driver for my nvidia card I still getting
ubuntu 16.04
also I tried to install
sudo apt-get install beignet-opencl-icd
but problem doesn't dissapear

apt install -y ocl-icd-libopencl1 nvidia-driver nvidia-cuda-toolkit --this worked for the nvidia geforce GTX 960M