combinator + rule
Hello Folks,

I am trying to achive Format: catdog33 (2 words from 2 combined lists + rule modifier for the 2nd combined list)

combi.dict:
Code:
cat
dog

combi.rule:
Code:
:
$0 $0
$1 $1
$2 $2
$3 $3

combi.hash:
Code:
catdog33

I am using:
Code:
hashcat64.exe -m 99999 -a 1 combi.hash combi.dict combi.dict -k combi.rule

but it seems to ignore the combi.rule fully. For what I have read in the wiki, it says for -a1 combi attack its possible to use -k for the second dict, however like said it seems to get ignored.

Anythings wrong here ?
-j/-k only accept a single rule, not files
-j and -k only work for a single rule, not for a file that's a list of rules.

The usual way to work around this is to pipe the wordlist in from a separate tool (such as combinator from hashcat-utils):

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=has...combinator

... as in:

Code:
combinator.exe combi.dict combi.dict | hashcat64.exe -m 99999 -a 0 -r combi.rule combi.hash
~
Thx for the fast reply. I just tested this and the speed is very slow it seems. I am using 10_million_password_list_top_1000000, a 1080ti is only giving 17000 kH/s (17 MH/s) with this method.

If i test it only with Combination attack -a 1, I am getting 11700 MH/s, which is alooooot faster.

Any way to speed this up ?
Sounds like you're working with a fast hash?

If so, and if your list of rules is just as you show - only four rules long - then that may be part of the reason why. Native hashcat combinator attack (-a 1) can do all of the "combining" within hashcat. If you have to pipe it in from somewhere else, there's not a lot of additional work for the GPU(s) to do. If there were many rules, that would improve the speed.

If your rules list is really that short, you might be better off just running them one at a time:

Code:
hashcat64.exe -m 99999 -a 1 combi.hash combi.dict combi.dict -k '$0 $0'
hashcat64.exe -m 99999 -a 1 combi.hash combi.dict combi.dict -k '$1 $1'
hashcat64.exe -m 99999 -a 1 combi.hash combi.dict combi.dict -k '$2 $2'
hashcat64.exe -m 99999 -a 1 combi.hash combi.dict combi.dict -k '$3 $3'
~
I tested your example, -k '$0 $0' is not getting accepted somehow, says wrong syntax. I am using win7 cmd.

Actually I want to iterate 0-100 on every combined word of the list.
Try double quotes instead of single quotes, I think.
~