Ethereum Scrypt Hardware Opinion
(01-21-2018, 11:23 AM)qweasd21 Wrote: zero: what linux u use? I tried with ethos and The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) with i73840qm but with -m15700 benchmark mode i see opencl errors... its linux drivers fault and should i try with windows? or this cpu is too low ?

Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10
(01-11-2018, 12:11 PM)philsmd Wrote: Unfortunately, if we look at GPUs instead, with -m 15700 you currently could use only something like a very high-end Nvidia 1080ti GPU (at the time of this writing) and the performance might be only slighlty better than a mid range CPU (or in some cases even slower, because of the high memory requirements and therefore high tmto values and multiple memory allocations needed, because of restriction on how much memory can be allocated at once). I'm not sure what the current performance of -m 15700 is with a 1080 ti, but you could just test it or look for benchmarks.

Anyways, scrypt is known to be GPU-unfriendly and therefore a modern OpenCL-compatible CPU will be a good idea to crack a 15700 hash (what might be even better is to have a good strategy on how to attack the hash: a plan to generate/use the most likely password candidates... a "small" set of candidates of course, because scrypt is slow... but this is of course a different topic).

Not what i wanted to hear :'(, and all my RX570's are useless too! 

Don't mean to take over the thread but Phil, we've been in contact via email - You mentioned hashcat and ive spent the last gods knows how many hours taking in information. TLDR; my case scenario it may not be achievable.