Which corresponding global settings file do you need to modify?
The default is too many special symbols. According to our country's password setting habits, some special symbols are not available at all. How can we remove some special symbols from global settings? Which corresponding global settings file do you need to modify?

For example“ ^&* () €+| ” as these special symbols, we don't use or very few people here. How can we remove this part of the special symbol through a global file?
What about creating a custom charset?

Something like this:
--custom-charset1=?d?l?u!"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

?d are digits, ?l are lower case characters and ?u are capital characters. Just leave out the special characters in my example.
(04-08-2018, 01:09 PM)squ1zzy Wrote: What about creating a custom charset?

Something like this:
--custom-charset1=?d?l?u!"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~

?d are digits, ?l are lower case characters and ?u are capital characters. Just leave out the special characters in my example.

When I want to use ?a, I want to get rid of the unusual special symbols.
When using a wordlist ?a = ?l?u?d?s. So lower-case, upper-case, digits and special characters. I don't know of a way to use ?a and not use some characters, but a custom-charset will do. Otherwise I can't help you and you have to wait for someone else to reply Smile
You could store your custom set of characters into a hcchr file, see https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mas...rset_files and use the file as a custom charset (e.g. -4 file4.hcchr or -3 file3.hcchr etc)

Built-in custom charsets like ?a (see https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mas...n_charsets) are constant and are not meant to be changed. they are constant/fixed and you shouldn't change the set of characters of these built-in charsets (and you can't without modifying the source code itself and you shouldn't do that because it might cause other problems!). Custom charsets or stored set of charsets within a hashcat charset file should be used instead (the only valid/recommended solution to your problem).