Pause instead of abort when temperature limit is reached
Nothing more annoying than a job being aborted after it has run for a long time.
Have you tried increasing fan speed? AMD cards at least have a default upper-bound on their fan that is something like 30% (set by the driver). Increasing the fan speed just a small percentage lowers the temperature quite a lot.

http://hashcat.net/wiki/changing_fan_spe...nder_linux
I don't have any problems except when I forget to use the --gpu-watchdog=105 option Wink I still feel this is an issue that would be awesome if implemented as I'm sure many people have felt the same way as me Smile
Dear jeebus man, you're going to burn up your GPU with those temps. Why wouldn't you simply increase fan speed a little bit and save the damage to your GPU?
as me ?????
you should better change your cooling strategy. if you run with 105c, the gpu bios will underclock the card and the computing performance will drop massive.
What about the feature request? Good idea, no?
(01-02-2012, 08:09 PM)arex1337 Wrote: What about the feature request? Good idea, no?

I suppose it is a good idea, but only for intermittent or temporary use. Perhaps when testing or a user may inadvertently block an air intake vent etc.

However I think you would use this feature to ignore the real problem, personally I think you should address your cooling issues first before any more cracking.

I am not criticising you, just trying to be helpful. Smile

What card are you using and what cooling do you employ ?
I don't have temperature issues any more. I just opened my case. But I really think this feature should be implemented Big Grin
(01-02-2012, 10:23 PM)arex1337 Wrote: I don't have temperature issues any more. I just opened my case. But I really think this feature should be implemented Big Grin

As crazy as it might sound you may do better leaving the case side on and adding a case extractor fan. This gently pulls cold air in and pushes warm air out. With the case side off you don't get the flow.