Restore File How to Use it
So, i start cracking some hashes in a server, i saved
hashcat entire folder

hashcat.restore file
hashes

potfile.

Now i put all together again, i run the same command, and hashcat instead of using thath restore point, it starts from the beggining again. WHY?
Restore howto

Consider that you used this command line to start a cracking job:

hashcat -m 0 -a 3 --session session_name example0.hash masks/rockyou-7-2592000.hcmask

and you hit 'c' (or 'q' for quit) while it was running (or it was stopped/killed for some other reasons).

This command resumes the above cracking job:

hashcat --session session_name --restore

The --restore command does not need nor allow any further arguments except from --session (and --restore itself). You can't simply add or change some arguments when you restore the job. If you really insist to change any arguments, you might be able to use some external tools (like analyze_hc_restore) at your own risk.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=restore
(09-12-2018, 03:28 PM)H4Xl0R Wrote: Restore howto

Consider that you used this command line to start a cracking job:

hashcat -m 0 -a 3 --session session_name example0.hash masks/rockyou-7-2592000.hcmask

and you hit 'c' (or 'q' for quit) while it was running (or it was stopped/killed for some other reasons).

This command resumes the above cracking job:

hashcat --session session_name --restore

The --restore command does not need nor allow any further arguments except from --session (and --restore itself). You can't simply add or change some arguments when you restore the job. If you really insist to change any arguments, you might be able to use some external tools (like analyze_hc_restore) at your own risk.

https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=restore

I do not have any session name, just restore file.
The default session name is 'hashcat' if a session name is not specified.
~
(09-12-2018, 03:42 PM)royce Wrote: The default session name is 'hashcat' if a session name is not specified.

Okay so basically i run thath command having the hashcat restore file inside hashcat. pointing same hashes and same potfile. Gonna test it thanks
I run

Code:
./hashcat64.bin -m 2711 --session hashcat --username --potfile-path 2711.pot MPGH.netuserhashsalt.txt final2.txt

Didnt worked.
only run

Code:
hashcat --restore

with no additional arguments
(09-13-2018, 11:21 AM)undeath Wrote: only run

Code:
hashcat --restore

with no additional arguments

For next time i know these. I already get more % than i have in restore file. thanks