So long story short.
I bought 3 mining rigs

3 similar rigs
g4400
Asus prime z and h 270
4gb
6x AMD RX570

So i spend 2 days trying various install of ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04
i finally got rocm working but it only see one card.

After posting on their git , they seems to blame that  is due to the lack of pcie lane on the cpu side , and the mb not providing pcie gen3.
my cpu on ark
PCI Express Configurations ‡ Up to 1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4
Max # of PCI Express Lanes 16

my mb z270
1 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (at x16 mode)
1 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x16 slot (max. at x4 mode, compatible with PCIe x1 and
x4 devices)
4 x PCI Express 3.0/2.0 x1 slots

from what i understand rocm , what the pcie gen3 direclty into the cpu not in trough plx bridge type...

My plan was to put those rigs in a octopulis cluster

Is it still possible to have hashcat recognized the hard use another driver like amdgpu pro?
Do i have to go with an older version necessary ?
any good amd setup tuto ?

the bios are mod , could it be only that ?, but then why one is recognized

reference post
https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm/issues/589

any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi, 

read my latest secjuice.com Article: https://www.secjuice.com/how-to-build-a-cracking-rig/

TL;DR: Use Windows instead. Install the old Crimson Driver, then Update Windows, download hashcat 4.2.1 and the hashtopolis C# Client :-).

If you desperately want to use Linux, the latest working version was 3.x.x with amdgpupro Drivers.

So, what I've tested:

* Linux + rocm + hashcat 4.2.1: Working only with the PCIE Ports that support PCIE Atomics (Which usually is one)
* Linux + amdgpupro + hashcat 3.6.0: Working, lacking some Hash-Types
* Windows + Latest AMD Driver + HashCat 4.2.0: Only some algos working, maybe fixed by atom, see release not 5.0.0
* Windows + Crimson 17.11.4 + HashCat 4.2.1: Working* 

* but extreme Lag before Windows Update 10-2018. See article.

Atom wrote he fixed the SegFault Problems with AMD, maybe with hashcat 5.0.0 current AMD Drivers are working, I haven't tried yet. 

(10-29-2018, 06:32 AM)technobro Wrote: the bios are mod , could it be only that ?, but then why one is recognized

If you mean VBios (The Graphic Card BIOS) and if they are modded for Mining, revert them. They will cause trouble - been there, done that.

BG Sebastian
Hi Sebbastoan

Looks like we have been in the same boat. i wish HC dont use rocm

Thank you so much for the reply and sharing you testing. Who would  have tough windows will save us.

I did try Windows 10 and got it running wel l kinda , the driver could not be apply to the card , both adrenalin and crimson. This was due to the fact that the gpu bios are modified after i install a patch to signed the driver.

After that it work but super slow and the windows was laggy and HC as you said seg fault ishhh.

What do you use to flash the card. On mine atiwinflash i got cannot find the discrete gpu.

Whats your mobo cpu >? , for the mb bios settings do you fallow mining setups ? pci gen2 everyhing ?
I used ATI Win Flash, I got the original Bios from techpowerup. Just search your card and download the Bios. 

Important: AtiWinFlash can only address 3 Cards at max, so if you have more than 3 cards, remove them temporarily and flash them. 

If your Windows is super slow and laggy: Congrats, the driver is working. Now patch Windows to the current update, that will fix that bug. If update doesn't work, repair the installed VC runtime via "Features and Programs" and Update again. DONT TURN YOUR PC OFF, even if it appears to be stuck - it's not and you will destroy your installation. I did countless installations until it works so smoothly as it does now.

I have an i3 with an Asus B250 Mining Expert. I need to take a look in the bios. Basically, thanks to atoms good work, it doesn't matter which Gen you choose, seen from the viewpoint of Speed. Try Gen1 and level up if everything is stable and you feel like PCI is the bottleneck.
thanks , i downloaded another version of atiflash and now it work.

I am not sure or not if my cards are flash.

using polaris editor , the clocks seems similar between the 2 bios

One weird thing tough , is windows doest regonized the card , i mean it sees it , but there is a yellow explamation mark , device not working proprly. that what lead me to thing the bios are mod.
So good new by following your advice i manage to get everything running , exept for my code 43 error , i have to run
atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6.zip

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...ck-Patcher

and i can see all my cards in hashcat

Now with HC 5 , i got insufficient memory , i bump to 8GB , but its the same , i guess i have to have the same amount as the cards or something
Yes, the rule of thumb is host RAM >= VRAM. Mining rigs rarely make good password cracking rigs.
You can specify the devices you want to use. Cut it down until it runs or bump up the RAM.