Finding Algo/Hash Type
I'm not sure if this is the right area for hash questions since there aren't alot of sub forums but i have some hashes i cant seem to figure out what algo they are and wondering if someone could help me.

hashid comes back with 11 possibilities:

[*]Found Possibilities: 11

[+] MD5 (hashcat mode: 0     )
[+] NTLM (hashcat mode: 1000  )
[+] Double MD5 (hashcat mode: 2600  )
[+] md5(md5(md5($pass))) (hashcat mode: 3500  )
[+] md5(strtoupper(md5($pass))) (hashcat mode: 4300  )
[+] md5(sha1($pass)) (hashcat mode: 4400  )
[+] MD4 (hashcat mode: 900   )
[+] LM (hashcat mode: 3000  )
[+] Lotus Notes/Domino 5 (hashcat mode: 8600  )
[+] DNSSEC (NSEC3) (hashcat mode: 8300  )
[+] Radmin2 (hashcat mode: 9900  )

Some hashes:
Code:
hashes redacted

To me they look like normal MD5 but if someone could help me find the exact algo that would be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee. If not that's cool too, i'm just testing small lists like this against a bunch of random algo's tonight
In general, the only way to tell for sure is to crack one.

Other tools like MDXfind are good at tackling many different algos at once against a pile of unknown hashes. hashcat and MDXfind have some algos in common, but each also has coverage that the other doesn't.
~
(11-09-2018, 11:05 PM)royce Wrote: In general, the only way to tell for sure is to crack one.

Other tools like MDXfind are good at tackling many different algos at once against a pile of unknown hashes. hashcat and MDXfind have some algos in common, but each also has coverage that the other doesn't.

Nice i've never even heard of this, i'll download it tonight and try it out. I'm really hoping it isn't proprietary or i'm screwed.
It's not open source, but it's free to use.

Note also that I've removed the hashes from your post - posting full hashes with non-known plains is against the forum rules.
~