Please help at ocl accelerated sha1($salt.$pass)
Am I right that oclhashcat-lite does NOT support sha1($salt.$pass) ?

Is oclhashcat-able to crack single sha1($salt.$pass) with known salt ? I already tried oclHashcat-plus -m 121 but not sure about the correct parameter setup. How would a correct command line look like for to crack a single hash with known salt ? Does the wordlist generator or rules need to be involved ?

Please give a reproducable general example of ocl accelerated cracking of SMF hashes with known salt
Quote:You're wrong; it states that oclHashcat-lite supports this type of hash. In fact, a performance result's been posted in the main section of the page with the results :3

sha1($pass.$salt) 3426M c/s (HD5970)

I suggest going into the wiki or simply open up the documentation of oclHashcat-lite and get crackin' with creating masks for your bruteforce!

It's what I did with my DES, hehe.

Disregard the above. I'm wrong! I misread your message. (Unless you mistyped)... sha1($salt.$pass) doesn't seem to be included indeed...

Also one more important thing here : I´m looking for a Burteforce attack ! So something like ...
hashcat -a 3 --bf-cs-buf abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz --bf-pw-max 8 -m 102 ... but ocl accelerated
Well oclHashcat-lite basically does mainly bruteforce. It is just called attacking with a mask because that's how you do it.

?l lowercase, ?u uppercase ?d digits ?s special symbols, or you can create your own charset by doing this -1 abcde and then using it as a ?1 in the mask options of the CLI.

So that at least I know oclHashcat-lite does. But about the $salt.$pass, I think you'll have to see what atom has to say.
(01-17-2012, 07:17 PM)k.paulsen Wrote: Am I right that oclhashcat-lite does NOT support sha1($salt.$pass) ?

Is oclhashcat-able to crack single sha1($salt.$pass) with known salt ? I already tried oclHashcat-plus -m 121 but not sure about the correct parameter setup. How would a correct command line look like for to crack a single hash with known salt ? Does the wordlist generator or rules need to be involved ?

Please give a reproducable general example of ocl accelerated cracking of SMF hashes with known salt

Lite does not support SMF. Plus however does.