Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP
Question 
I'm new to Hashcat and have been learning how to use it. I was able to crack some test files and some veracrypt containers of my own making for practice. Recently I have been trying to get into a veracrypt container that I forgot the password to.

I've tried the applicable hash types for veracrypt 13713, 13723, 13733 and 13753, but at some point I noticed HC added an Optimizer called 'Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP' and that significantly reduces the speed. Basically I could get through a 5 character standard password in a reasonable time. Now with this optimizer it takes ~20 minutes just to test the first 95 possibilities on the first character of the password. Before the optimizer was added it would get through the first 2 or 3 characters of the password kinda fast. I can't seem to find a way to disable it and can't find any mention of it on the forums.

The command I'm using is
.\hashcat64.exe -w3 -m 13753 -a 3 hash.txt -i --increment-min=1 --increment-max=6 ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a

Just to try it I did add -S to the above command for Slow Candidate generation and that didn't seem to change anything

Any help is appreciated. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or didn't use the right search in the forums.

Attached Files
.jpg   HC SS.jpg (Size: 17.04 KB / Downloads: 8)