hashcat inquiry.
I am a month into trying to crack my iTunes backup password.... Yes I am not giving up and will have more time since my semester is over. 

I have a question...... 

Is there a command that would let me know all of the incorrect passwords attempts?   This would help me create a new list of possible passwords....

As always thank you for your time....
in theory you could just use the same command without the hash file and using --stdout to see all the password candidates.

e.g. if you had this command:
Code:
hashcat -m 14800 -r my.rules hash.txt dict.txt

you could just use this command to "see" the candidates:
Code:
hashcat --stdout -r my.rules dict.txt

most of the time the output is very large and it's most of the time a waste to store the output to disk. It makes more sense to let hashcat try more clever non-overlapping attacks in the first place, without doing the rli2 based strategy (see hashcat-utils) of removing the already tested candidates.
(06-03-2019, 09:38 AM)philsmd Wrote: in theory you could just use the same command without the hash file and using --stdout to see all the password candidates.

e.g. if you had this command:
Code:
hashcat -m 14800 -r my.rules hash.txt dict.txt

you could just use this command to "see" the candidates:
Code:
hashcat --stdout -r my.rules dict.txt

most of the time the output is very large and it's most of the time a waste to store the output to disk. It makes more sense to let hashcat try more clever non-overlapping attacks in the first place, without doing the rli2 based strategy (see hashcat-utils) of removing the already tested candidates.

Thank you for responding.  What you stated makes sense.  I am new to this so I was thinking if I could see all the attempts I made in the past I could create another wordlist without repeating the same passwords.  my laptop is slow and overheats a lot so I am doing whatever I can not to damage it and waste more time.