Insufficient memory available
i am trying to do a test with hashcat 6.2.5 on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux. 
when i am running the command: 
hashcat (v2.5) startin
hashcat -O -w 4 -m 1000 --username -a 0 -r  ~/hashcat1/hashes-ntml ~/hashcat1/crackstation.txt.gz 

it is giving me error as follows: 
hashcat (v6.2.5) starting

OpenCL API (OpenCL 3.0 PoCL 3.0+debian  Linux, None+Asserts, RELOC, LLVM 13.0.1, SLEEF, POCL_DEBUG) - Platform #1 [The pocl project]
====================================================================================================================================
* Device #1: pthread-0x000, 709/1482 MB (256 MB allocatable), 4MCU

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 27

Counted lines in /home/harvey/hashcat1/crackstation.txt.gzInsufficient memory available
Insufficient memory available
zsh: segmentation fault  hashcat -O -w 4 -m 1000 --username -a 0 -r ~/hashcat1/hashes-ntml

i am not sure whats the issue here.
Try updating Pocl and how much ram you got?
(07-03-2023, 09:27 PM)aikiuslik Wrote: Try updating Pocl and how much ram you got?

MemTotal :2024076
(07-03-2023, 09:38 PM)harman07 Wrote:
(07-03-2023, 09:27 PM)aikiuslik Wrote: Try updating Pocl and how much ram you got?

The issue is your command, it's faulty:
The -r is for a rule file, but you are supplying your hash file as the rule file, meaning you're not supplying any hashes for the command. And the crackstation.txt.gz wordlist need to be unpacked before being supplied as a wordlist.
(07-04-2023, 01:30 AM)b8vr Wrote:
(07-03-2023, 09:38 PM)harman07 Wrote:

The issue is your command, it's faulty:
The -r is for a rule file, but you are supplying your hash file as the rule file, meaning you're not supplying any hashes for the command. And the crackstation.txt.gz wordlist need to be unpacked before being supplied as a wordlist.

i have removed -r and also using crackstation-human-only.txt after unzipping it which is smaller in size but still the error:

:
hashcat -O -w 4 -m 1000 --username -a 0 ~/hashcat1/hashes.txt ~/hashcat1/crackstation-human-only.txt 
hashcat (v6.2.5) starting

OpenCL API (OpenCL 3.0 PoCL 3.0+debian  Linux, None+Asserts, RELOC, LLVM 13.0.1, SLEEF, POCL_DEBUG) - Platform #1 [The pocl project]
====================================================================================================================================

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 27

Hashes: 861 digests; 860 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1

Optimizers applied:
* Optimized-Kernel
* Zero-Byte
* Precompute-Init
* Meet-In-The-Middle
* Early-Skip
* Not-Salted
* Not-Iterated
* Single-Salt
* Raw-Hash

Watchdog: Hardware monitoring interface not found on your system.
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled.

* Device #1: Not enough allocatable device memory for this attack.
the problem is shown in this line

Code:

your "device" has only 1482 ram total 709 free  and only 256 mb allocatable, which is way to low to start an attack, which is shown in this line

Code:

what kind of machine do you use? is it some kind of vps? this machines are not really feasable for cracking, for real, even most consumer laptops or tower-pc nowadays do better than that, when laptop or pc have a nvidia gpu stick with that hardware
(07-04-2023, 02:21 PM)Snoopy Wrote: the problem is shown in this line

Code:

your "device" has only 1482 ram total 709 free  and only 256 mb allocatable, which is way to low to start an attack, which is shown in this line

Code:

what kind of machine do you use? is it some kind of vps? this machines are not really feasable for cracking, for real, even most consumer laptops or tower-pc nowadays do better than that, when laptop or pc have a nvidia gpu stick with that hardware

i have been using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) v22.3 on Mac through UTM.
(07-11-2023, 01:28 AM)harman07 Wrote: i have been using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) v22.3 on Mac through UTM.
hashcat should be running/compiling fine under plain macos or can being installed via homebrew

using hashcat in a virtual machine ... yeah dont do that, hashcat is made for direct access to your hardware, like your gpu and not to access virtual hardware, which comes mostly only with basic graphicroutines, but not things like cuda, hip, or maybe even opencl, and if, they are implemented in your vm software which will slow down the whole process further