Output progress over time in hashcat
Is there any way to retrieve the amount of hashes cracked and the time it has taken and get this to a file. 

I know I can view this data in the status page but I would like to be able to analyse the rate at which hashes are being cracked.
You can use --status and --status-timer to log hashcat's progress to stdout (and redirect to a file) and then analyse those logs.
(04-13-2020, 11:56 PM)undeath Wrote: You can use --status and --status-timer to log hashcat's progress to stdout (and redirect to a file) and then analyse those logs.

Yes I was using status and status-timer to print this to the terminal, but I am unsure how to output this to a file automatically. Is there a way to modify this command to do this?

Code:
hashcat -m0 -a3 -1 ?l?d?s --potfile-disable <inputfile.txt> --status --status-timer=2 --increment --increment-min=1 --increment-max=6 ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 -o bftest.txt
you can simply redirecd hashcat's output using your shell features. usually that means appending "> file.log" to your command line.