Speed up bruteforce H/s
Hi,

I'm running bruteforce to get a 8 digit code with a speed of 65000 H/s (taking years). How can I speed it up? If tried to run benchmark and -O but it didn't work. This is my system information:

Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              24
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-23
Thread(s) per core:  1
Core(s) per socket:  12
Socket(s):          2
NUMA node(s):        1
Vendor ID:          GenuineIntel
CPU family:          6
Model:              85
Model name:          Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4114 CPU @ 2.20GHz
Stepping:            4
CPU MHz:            2199.996
BogoMIPS:            4399.99
Hypervisor vendor:  KVM
Virtualization type: full
L1d cache:          32K
L1i cache:          32K
L2 cache:            4096K
L3 cache:            16384K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):  0-23

Thanks
Get a better cracking platform. CPU-only is always going to be slower than a wet weekend. Doubly so if you're cracking on a VM. Depending on the module you're using, there may be optimisations to be had there, too, but not to the same degree as using a decent GPU.
Getting a better cracking platform is not an option right now. How can I optimize the system?
let's start by letting us know which type of hashes you are targeting.

Throwing some numbers at the table doesn't make much sense without the information about the algorithm / hash type .

BTW: my guess is you are talking about WPA2 because I see this type of posts quite often here, that users seem to assume WPA is the only hash type worth to crack or supported by hashcat etc... but instead, it's actually a quite slow hash type and I often wish users get more confident with hashcat starting with a much faster hash type to get a feeling how you could use different attack types to effectively crack a huge hash list etc