Maskprocessor Help Windows 10
I'm trying to optimize hash cracking for WPA2 passwords.

Max is 86,925 H/s on my NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti, this doesn't seem right though because I can get 250,000 on other hash cracking programs.

Also when using hashcrack my GPU is only using 1-2%.

Did some research and noticed you can use maskprocessor to give the GPU more work, I found the commands but they all refer to mp64.exe. This file doesn't exist in the latest binary though so I can't get this working, has the command changed?
The executable is definitely within the maskprocessor folder: https://github.com/hashcat/maskprocessor/releases

Well, it would make sense to explain what attack mode you tried and how your strategy is to attack the hashes.
Maybe consider rule-based dictionary attack etc ?

brute-forcing might not be the most clever idea for slow hashes like WPA2
(05-11-2020, 03:53 PM)philsmd Wrote: The executable is definitely within the maskprocessor folder: https://github.com/hashcat/maskprocessor/releases

Well, it would make sense to explain what attack mode you tried and how your strategy is to attack the hashes.
Maybe consider rule-based dictionary attack etc ?

brute-forcing might not be the most clever idea for slow hashes like WPA2

Thank you for that much appriciated!

I thought about the dictionary attack but it's not guarnteed to find the password, expecially if it's a password that is completely random.

If you was deturmined to get in would you use a dictionary attack and then brute force if that fails?
Common methodology is to use wordlists first ant then bruteforce.
You can rent GPUs if your need is punctual
(05-11-2020, 03:37 PM)hashnewb Wrote: I'm trying to optimize hash cracking for WPA2 passwords.

Max is 86,925 H/s on my NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti, this doesn't seem right though because I can get 250,000 on other hash cracking programs.

Also when using hashcrack my GPU is only using 1-2%.

Did some research and noticed you can use maskprocessor to give the GPU more work, I found the commands but they all refer to mp64.exe. This file doesn't exist in the latest binary though so I can't get this working, has the command changed?

I don‘t understand exactly what you want to optimice with maskprocessor.

Maksprocessor is included in hashcat, so you can use it as an attack-mode,...or send it to stdout if you want to use the wordlist in the other craciung tool which you are using.

Btw: please post your Commandline to crack the wpa2-hash, perhabs there is something suboptimal
@Sondero, my guess is that it is similar to the command with -m 2500 mentioned here: https://hashcat.net/faq/morework

but I agree, this is very, very rarely fixing the main problem... even if you get more speed in terms of H/s, it doesn't mean that it's the most efficient/best attack. There are probably more clever approaches like rule-based attacks etc
Thanks for the advise I'm wanting to learn as much as I can about it. I have tested using the maskprocessor, standard dictionary attack and dictionary with rules.

These are the commands I have tried...

//Dictionary
hashcat64.exe -a0 -m2500 -w4 logs.hccapx rockyou.txt

//Brute Force
hashcat64.exe -a3 -m2500 -w4 --increment --increment-min 8 --increment-max 12 logs.hccapx ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?

//Dictionary with rules
hashcat64.exe -m2500 -w4 -r rules/best64.rule logs.hccapx rockyou.txt

//Brute force with maskprocessor
mp64.exe ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a | hashcat64.exe -m2500 logs.hccapx

The issue I have isn't really the type of attack, its the performance, all of these commands are running at around 80,000 to 90,000 H/s. My GPU is only running at 1-2% capacity, the fans are not even kicking in. This is the slowest WPA2 cracker I have used so far but everywhere on the internet says its the fastest. If I can get this to run at 100% capacity I would be looking at doing 50x more attacks in the same timeframe.

I have updated the graphics card drivers to the latest version
1. try to use this command for benchmark: hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -b
2. the number of networks in the hccapx file will affect the speed (more salt/ESSIDs, more work), try with the example hash from https://hashcat.net/wiki/example_hashes (hashcat.hccapx)
(05-12-2020, 12:03 PM)philsmd Wrote: 1. try to use this command for benchmark: hashcat64.exe -m 2500 -b
2. the number of networks in the hccapx file will affect the speed (more salt/ESSIDs, more work), try with the example hash from https://hashcat.net/wiki/example_hashes (hashcat.hccapx)

Thanks this has helped a little, my file had 5x hashes in and was running at 90,000 H/s. With the example it's running at 115,000 H/s so it has increased the speed by 20% by just running it on 1 hash. The benchmark shows the same with that example 115,000 H/s.

My GPU is still only running at 1% with the example with all the different commands. Still something seriously wrong. Like its only using 1 of the 768 cores in my GPU. It was idling at 1% and it doesn't move from 1% even with the hashcat running.

I need to see my GPU max out and get hot and my computer freezing! It's like hashcat isn't even trying
Where do you see these percentages ?

Are you talking about the "Util" value in the status prompt of hashcat ?