Custom mask
Hi all,

I need to define a specific custom mask, but am unable to figure out how to do so.

The mask is for a permutation on a 14 character alphanumeric string containing a dictionary word (I know what the base string is with no permutations).

The dictionary word has alternating case, some letters substituted for numbers (leetspeak style), and special characters sharing a keyspace with the number's place in the string.

I've been trying to figure out how to define this mask by myself for a couple days using Mentalist/Cuppy/some other tools, but this kind of stuff is like trying to decipher ancient Greek; the couple times I thought I had a proper mask, hashcat said the mask/wordlist was too small and couldn't crack the hash.

Min char: 14
Max char: 14
Range of 20 letters
[0-9]

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide some guidance.
Can you provide an artificial example - one that illustrates your question, but isn't the one you're actually looking for?
~
(07-22-2020, 05:48 AM)royce Wrote: Can you provide an artificial example - one that illustrates your question, but isn't the one you're actually looking for?

Surely

Imagine the base string is 123FakeStreet90210

The transformed version would look something like 1@eF4k357r3E7(o@!0

I got closer on my own yesterday, but cracking either takes 2 minutes and fails, or it'll take 900 years
If you're unsure what the leet options are, toggling them all can be quite keyspace-intensive. You can do it with custom masks, trivial example:

-1 a@ -2 3e F?1k?2

... but you can only use four custom masks charsets. Otherwise, you might have to generate part of it externally to hashcat and pipe it in (and then use a hybrid attack to append or prepend some mask components)
~