Hashcat not using rx 570 - windows 10
Hey,

i have the following setup:

Windows 10

RX 570

AMD GPUs on Windows require "AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Edition" (20.2.2 or later) is installed

Also the Intel driver is installed, due to the fact that i have the intel graphics drivers installed and they include opencl.

When i run hashcat it detects my AMD card and i get no error message:

OpenCL API (OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3004.8)) - Platform #1 [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.]
=====================================================================================

* Device #1: Ellesmere, 4032/4096 MB (3264 MB allocatable), 32MCU

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0

Maximum password length supported by kernel: 20

Hashes: 1 digests; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts

Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates

Applicable optimizers applied:

* Optimized-Kernel

* Zero-Byte

* Single-Hash

* Single-Salt
* Brute-Force

But then when it starts cracking, first of all the speed i really low, in the status section it says 1500 H/s, or is this a normal value for this card? I saw a video on youtube with an rx 570 and there it was 17000 H/s

But the bigger thing is, when i check the temperature and fan of the card in the amd software, there is a very short spike in the beginning, like as if it starts using the card, but then its gone after a sec and the card is basically not used by hashcat.

Any ideas what this could be? Or is the card properly detected, but just not as useful for my cracking job? Iam exectung following line:

hashcat.exe -m 11600 -a 3 -1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx hashneuerste.hash xxxxxxxxx?1?1?1?1?1?1 -i --increment-min 14 -O -w 4 --session hashcat.restore

While running CPU usage is at 100%, so to me it seems hashcat is trying to use the card, but cant and then goes with the CPU?!

(x is the part of the pw i know, so i just removed it here)
Assessing the performance of your hardware requires running the same attack against the same hash. 7-zip is a parameterized hash and will perform differently depending on the exact archive/hash you are trying to crack.

Dynamically switching between different hardware will never happen in hashcat. It'll always use the device(s) listed at the start of the attack.