Atmoic Wallet
Soooooo lets just blame the wireless keyboard? I thought i crtl+s my txt document for my latest wallet... whooppsssyyy!

fast forward I have found hashcat.  The program I am using is Atomic wallet.  The situation is that I know exactly how many characters my password is and I have the .dat file for the suspended wallet on my desktop.   I have converted the .dat file to a MD5 hash and ran hashcat 6.1.1 over a created hashfile with the MD5.  Then I recieve an attention error to prevent a pc component from melting through the case lol.   I have not found much on anyone trying to recover their passwords from Atomic Wallet, soo any help would be awesome.

this is the command I have been running, with the .hash being the txt document with the MD5 from the .dat file.

hashcat-6.1.1>hashcat.exe -a 3 -m 0 -w 4  hopeful.hash ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a
I doubt that Atomic Wallet is using a single round of unsalted MD5. How did you "convert the .dat file to a MD5 hash"? In any event, brute-forcing a 16 character passphrase, even straight MD5, is going to take some non-trivial resources, so I'd suggest trying to do everything you can to narrow down the search space. Every position you can change from a `?a` to `?u` or `?l` is going to be reducing the search time by better than an order of magnitude (eg 10 years to less than a year, one month to a couple of days, etc).
You cannot "convert" a wallet file to a md5 hash. That's not how encryption works.