cuInit(): unkownerror
I have been stuck with this error for several days.  Hashcat was working on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) box then started getting error cuInit(): unkownerror.  I tried reinstalling Drivers and Cuda but it still persisted.

Some people with same error recommended Parrot so I tried these directions with a fresh install but the same error persists. https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-9625-po...l#pid50737

I have also removed pocl opencl library which I have seen mentioned several times but still same error. 

Any other suggestions?

Driver Version 450.80.02
CUDA 11.0

Xeon E5-1620
NVIDIA Quadro M6000 24GB
(12-04-2020, 04:57 PM)spikeroche Wrote: I have been stuck with this error for several days.  Hashcat was working on my The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)) box then started getting error cuInit(): unkownerror.  I tried reinstalling Drivers and Cuda but it still persisted.

Some people with same error recommended Parrot so I tried these directions with a fresh install but the same error persists. https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-9625-po...l#pid50737

I have also removed pocl opencl library which I have seen mentioned several times but still same error. 

Any other suggestions?

Driver Version 450.80.02
CUDA 11.0

Xeon E5-1620
NVIDIA Quadro M6000 24GB

I too am in the same boat. Tried everything with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and Parrot. It appears that this started a few builds back of the nvidia drivers..

I was able to get past the cuInit(): unkownerror by purging nvidia*, removing pocl and then installing nvidia and cuda-toolkit from downloading the .sh files from NVIDIA's web site and installing that way. The current The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)/Parrot apt-get install for NVIDIA driver/cuda-toolkit has either package issues or just does not work. with hashcat. Using NVIDIA Drivers 455.45.01 and Cuda 11.1.1_455.32.00.. 

hashcat (v6.1.1) starting...

CUDA Info:
==========

CUDA.Version.: 11.1

Backend Device ID #1 (Alias: #3)
  Name...........: GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design
  Processor(s)...: 36
  Clock..........: 1185
  Memory.Total...: 7982 MB
  Memory.Free....: 7734 MB
What are your results for "hashcat --backend-info" and "clinfo"?
Thanks linux42 ! That worked.