RX580 Hashcat crashes on initialization
I am having some serious issues with getting hashcat to work with my RX580's. After a fresh install and driver installation, I grab hashcat and run it with the -I option to verify setup. It hangs, then I get a crash report. Here is what I have done so far:

Fresh install of 20.04.1.
Run updates for update, dist-upgrade, and install libnuma-dev and reboot.
Grab rocm gpg key and add it to the repo list, then install using rocm-dkms and reboot.
I then install hashcat and run -I for verification (v4.0.1 up to v6.1.1 with the same result)
I have installed it via apt install, via git, and through their website and unzipping via 7z e.
I have attempted to install the amdgpu-pro drivers from their website, and also have attempted many older and newer kernels without any luck.

The farthest I had gotten was to get hashcat to list the GPU's, but then when running a benchmark, it would crash when starting a MD5 run.
I have verified I am running the latest version of my bios, and I have also tried just a single card with the same result (tried all four individually). I can verify that Ubuntu can see the cards when using lspci.

PC Specifications:
Ubuntu 20.04.1(LTS) Linux Kernel 5.4.0-58 && 5.4.0-42
Gigabyte x399 AORUS PRO mobo
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 32GB DDR4 RAM
4x MSI RX 580 GPU

Problem report: ProblemType - KernelOops Title - general protection fault: 0000 SMP NOPTI
Help would be greatly appreciated!
on linux you need to install rocm, not amdgpu
(12-21-2020, 12:03 AM)undeath Wrote: on linux you need to install rocm, not amdgpu

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately that was the first thing I did without any luck. I then tried to install the amdgpu drivers after the rocm drivers failed (as stated in the original post).
ah sorry, I skipped that part. Have you tried running with Windows? System crashes/kernel faults usually indicate hardware problems, or in rare cases severe driver bugs.
Just out of curiosity, what does:

Code:
$ /opt/rocm/bin/rocminfo
$ /opt/rocm/opencl/bin/clinfo

show ?