using htaccess for chained protection
Not sure if this can be done and this might not be the place to ask Sad  But I have a situation where we have used htaccess on multiple sites and now need to create a sort of "menu" of labels linked to those sites and display that list on another site which we would also like to limit access to.

i would like to find a way such that access to the menu site is also controlled by htaccess but i dont want people to have to remember two sets of codes.

if there a way that i could merge the current htpasswd files for about 50 sites so that anyone who already has a login/pw for any one of those 50 to be able to use it to enter the menu site?   Once in the menu site, they could click the hyperlink label connected to Their site and use the same login and PW to get entry to it.
OR
Would I manually create  a new htpasswd file containing the users and their passwords from all 50 sites in the menu?
As users are added or removed i would have to process the same changes on the individual sites plus the menu site.
OR
Is there a Better way to handle something like this that i'm not thinking of and/or problems that could arise?

I have never tried any weird things such as concatenating multiple htpasswd files and was worried that the encryption might cause a problem.  So far we have had great luck with htaccess.

Essentially, anyone that had an entry into any of the child sites would have their same entry added to the parent site.
The site displaying the menu is not even on the sae webserver but uses hyperlinks to redirect people who click the label for tier URL.
This seems completely unrelated to hashcat or cracking password hashes. Why are you asking here?
~