Step by step guide for a noob?
ok that mask is too large got Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask: ?u?a?a?u?a?u?a?u?a?a?d?d

how do i integrate a wordlist for the first 10 letters (im pretty sure i know the first 10 character just not sure if some of the letters are capitals and maybe some of the letters changed to numbers but I could easily make a list of the possibilities) 
Ok I've made a wordlist and am trying a hybrid (is that right) wordlist and mask attack using the following script.
I tried it with just the increments and it was going to take until the next big bang!

c:\hashcat-6.1.1>hashcat.exe -a 6 -i -m 13721 C:\Users\user\desktop\hash.txt C:\Users\user\desktop\wordlist.txt --increment-min 12 --increment-max 13 ?u?a?a?u?a?u?a?u?a?a?d?d
Anyone know about these errors or have any suggestions?

c:\hashcat-6.1.1>hashcat.exe -a 6 -i -m 13721 C:\Users\user\desktop\hash.txt C:\Users\user\desktop\wordlist.txt --increment-min 12 --increment-max 13 ?u?a?a?u?a?u?a?u?a?a?d?d
hashcat (v6.1.1) starting...

* Device #1: CUDA SDK Toolkit installation NOT detected.
            CUDA SDK Toolkit installation required for proper device support and utilization
            Falling back to OpenCL Runtime

* Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled.
            This may cause "CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES" or related errors.
            To disable the timeout, see: https://hashcat.net/q/timeoutpatch
nvmlDeviceGetFanSpeed(): Not Supported

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 9.1.201) - Platform #1 [NVIDIA Corporation]
=======================================================================
* Device #1: GeForce GTX 980M, 3392/4096 MB (1024 MB allocatable), 12MCU

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 ) - Platform #2 [Intel(R) Corporation]
=============================================================
* Device #2: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics 5200, 1565/1629 MB (407 MB allocatable), 40MCU
* Device #3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4980HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, skipped

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 64

Hashes: 1 digests; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates

Applicable optimizers applied:
* Zero-Byte
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
* Slow-Hash-SIMD-LOOP
* Uses-64-Bit

Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c

clBuildProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE

fcl build 1 succeeded.
fcl build 2 succeeded.
Error: out of memory.

* Device #2: Kernel ./OpenCL/amp_a1.cl build failed.

Started: Sun Mar 21 15:11:06 2021
Stopped: Sun Mar 21 15:14:07 2021
There is nothing much you can do it such case. The keyspace you are trying to use makes the cracking not feasible, this means that to complete or to exhaust all the possible candidates you will need an enormus amount of time or computing power.
Well i managed to crack it!!!!
I used a wordlist containing all my possible passwords and the password that i had been trying first came up as the cracked password so I'm pretty sure that its correct and that my drive is damaged.
I've tried to use Testcrypt to restore the drive but no luck there either.
I may have backed up the drive to some other disks so i'll have to search for them and hope i haven't written over them all.
its been a fun experience getting hashcat working and its something i might revisit in the future if i can find anything else i need to get open.

thanks for all your help hblender if it hadn't been for you i would have just been in this thread talking to myself lol but hopefully someone else will find some use from it and maybe some of the other more experienced guys will chime in and give some advice if they do Smile