Rejector modifier
Hi Atom. Here's an idea that could be pretty interesting. How about the possibility to modify the rejector (for length) as a parameter? Something like -x >12 or -x <8. This could be really helpful in many situation especially if you do combinatory attack and you want to focus on a certain keyspace. You could reject all the password combinations less than 12 characters and hash only the relevant ones. This would speed up some attacks that would be extremely long otherwise.
That should be already possible with rules:

Quote:<N reject the word unless it is less than N characters long
>N reject the word unless it is greater than N characters long
'N truncate the word at length N
I know the 'N rule but since when there is the <N and >N rules? It's not in the wiki at the very least.
Yeah right, its not in the docs. I just forgot to mention them. But they are inside since ever, since the first hashcat version. The following rules are supported:

#define RULE_OP_REJECT_LESS '<'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_GREATER '>'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_CONTAIN '!'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_NOT_CONTAIN '/'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_EQUAL_FIRST '('
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_EQUAL_LAST ')'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_EQUAL_AT '='
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_CONTAINS '%'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_MEMORY 'Q'
What?!
They are JTR compatible rules.
(11-20-2012, 09:17 PM)atom Wrote: Yeah right, its not in the docs. I just forgot to mention them. But they are inside since ever, since the first hashcat version. The following rules are supported:

#define RULE_OP_REJECT_LESS '<'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_GREATER '>'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_CONTAIN '!'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_NOT_CONTAIN '/'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_EQUAL_FIRST '('
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_EQUAL_LAST ')'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_EQUAL_AT '='
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_CONTAINS '%'
#define RULE_OP_REJECT_MEMORY 'Q'
Are they available only in Hashcat or also in Oclhashcat-plus?
They are available for CPU based rules (makes no sense for fast GPU engine). That is

1. hashcat cpu
2. oclHashcat-plus by using -j and -k
3. oclHashcat-plus if the algorithm is a slow one. That is 400, 500, 1600, 2100 or 2500.
(11-21-2012, 11:05 AM)atom Wrote: They are available for CPU based rules (makes no sense for fast GPU engine). That is

1. hashcat cpu
2. oclHashcat-plus by using -j and -k
3. oclHashcat-plus if the algorithm is a slow one. That is 400, 500, 1600, 2100 or 2500.
Thanks. I will test those when I have a couple hours free time in front of me.