Same command, different output?
(12-17-2012, 11:25 AM)radix Wrote: CPU only ran 1/3 of the dict

as we all know cpu chunks the dict. see the full log. everything is fine.
(12-16-2012, 11:45 PM)temporary_user Wrote: Without sudo I get "Hashcat pot file: permission denied".

so chown your hashcat.pot
(12-17-2012, 08:03 PM)undeath Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 11:25 AM)radix Wrote: CPU only ran 1/3 of the dict

as we all know cpu chunks the dict. see the full log. everything is fine.

fair enough, looks like I'm an idiot.
Can you upload the hashlist and the dictionary somewhere so that we can try to reproduce this?
OP here. Sorry for not responding for so long. I used rockyou and leaked LinkedIn passwords.
Cracking other peoples' passwords while forgetting your own password.
Way to go, super-n00b.
And who told you I',m cracking other peoples' passwords? I'm writing my engineering thesis on CUDA accelerated applications in cryptography, and I couldn't give a crap about someones passwords. Also, I've got the password to the previous account in my keepass database in my home PC, but I didn't have any access to it at that moment. And as I won't use this forum much (if ever) I didn't mind creating another account.
Way to go, omnipotent biatch.
(01-30-2013, 02:38 PM)forgot_my_passwd Wrote: And who told you I',m cracking other peoples' passwords? I'm writing my engineering thesis on CUDA accelerated applications in cryptography, and I couldn't give a crap about someones passwords. Also, I've got the password to the previous account in my keepass database in my home PC, but I didn't have any access to it at that moment. And as I won't use this forum much (if ever) I didn't mind creating another account.
Way to go, omnipotent biatch.

if this were true you were old enough to know when you need to justify yourself, biatch.
oooo, a thesis. he's one of them educated types.

does your thesis state that CUDA is inherently worthless for crypto because Nvidia hardware sucks at crypto?
(01-30-2013, 02:44 PM)epixoip Wrote: oooo, a thesis. he's one of them educated types.

does your thesis state that CUDA is inherently worthless for crypto because Nvidia hardware sucks at crypto?

Oh, I can see we've got an expert on the topic! Tell you what:
1. Contact Nvidia.
2. Improve their hardware.
3. ???
4. Profit!

(01-30-2013, 02:44 PM)undeath Wrote: if this were true you were old enough to know when you need to justify yourself, biatch.

And I am. Stumbled upon this forum again and just wanted to reply, cause i hate ignorance. Thank you guys for your help (or lack of it). Wish you all the best.