hashcat VS oclHashcat-plus VS oclHashcat-lite
What's the difference between these three software?
hashcat: cpu only, supports the most algorithms, supports longer lengths, supports most attack modes except hybrid attacks

plus: gpu only, supports lots of attack modes, supports multiple hashes, limited to 15-char plains

lite: gpu only, supports only brute forcing a single hash. mainly just for competition use.
(05-17-2013, 08:43 PM)epixoip Wrote: hashcat: cpu only, supports the most algorithms, supports longer lengths, supports most attack modes except hybrid attacks

plus: gpu only, supports lots of attack modes, supports multiple hashes, limited to 15-char plains

lite: gpu only, supports only brute forcing a single hash. mainly just for competition use.

So, how do we decide which one to use? Both hashcat and hashcat-plus support many attack modes.
(05-17-2013, 08:57 PM)dog Wrote:
(05-17-2013, 08:43 PM)epixoip Wrote: hashcat: cpu only, supports the most algorithms, supports longer lengths, supports most attack modes except hybrid attacks

So, how do we decide which one to use? Both hashcat and hashcat-plus support many attack modes.

[Image: OpoQQ.jpg]
I think a freedom of choice if you have a good gpu try using lite and try plus..
I personally havent used lite but thats because I am happy with plus Smile

and the hashes I am recovering are supported in plus.....
(05-17-2013, 08:57 PM)dog Wrote: So, how do we decide which one to use? Both hashcat and hashcat-plus support many attack modes.

it depends on what exactly you're trying to do. but most likely you will end up using all three at different times.