running hashcat with psexec
nothing that is officially supported, but there are some frameworks (public and custom) out there. disthc should be sourceforge.
Thank you I will look into that tomorrow.
I used psexec with success to do the same thing in the past. It should work. I was using a different approach, however. I would locally create a .bat file with the command line(s), copy that file to the remote computer and then call it using psexec.
mastercracker,
That is a good idea, I will attempt that method, thanks for the response.
Mastercracker,
I just tried this method.
created a simple .bat file on the target machine and then tried to run it with PsExec.
It still gives me the "No compatible Nvidia platform" error.
Do you recall the specifics of your .bat file and how you invoked it?
Do you know if maybe you were working with the CPU hashcat and not the GPU version?
During testing yesterday I could get the CPU cracker to work with PsExec.
(10-01-2013, 04:50 PM)nxte Wrote: Mastercracker,
I just tried this method.
created a simple .bat file on the target machine and then tried to run it with PsExec.
It still gives me the "No compatible Nvidia platform" error.
Do you recall the specifics of your .bat file and how you invoked it?
Do you know if maybe you were working with the CPU hashcat and not the GPU version?
During testing yesterday I could get the CPU cracker to work with PsExec.
No, I worked with GPU hashcat and it was working on both cuda and AMD gpus (different computers). After you connect to your computer, make sure that you change your path to oclhashcat's folder (cd c:\\....). I will look into what I was doing and post back if I find something that I was doing differently. In the mean time check what I mentioned and post if it solved the problems.
Ok. My command line was:
Code:
psexec.exe -i -s -d -w "Complete path to oclhashcat's folder" "\\computer name" "Complete path to the .bat file in oclhashcat folder"
You might have to adapt the switches for the user name and password.

Like mentioned in the other post, the target .bat file has the cd command on it's first line to make sure it goes to the right folder (if I remember well, it was not working otherwise). As a second line you can put your actual attack line. Let me know if it works.
Mastercracker,
sorry for the late reply, have been busy. I just finally got around to testing your method and it works like a charm!!
Thank you so much!
~happy cracking