A way to track number of guesses for each cracked password?
Question 
Hi,

i am currently using a pipe to stream guesses from a generator into hashcat and crack passwords. I am wondering if theres a way for hashcat to print the number of guesses it issued when it successfully cracks a password every time?
Code:
* Outfile formats:

1 = hash[:salt]
    2 = plain
    3 = hash[:salt]:plain
    4 = hex_plain
    5 = hash[:salt]:hex_plain
    6 = plain:hex_plain
    7 = hash[:salt]:plain:hex_plain
    8 = plain:position
(01-27-2014, 01:06 AM)radix Wrote:
Code:
* Outfile formats:

2 = plain
    4 = hex_plain

didn't notice the last option previously....thank you very much!!!
(01-27-2014, 01:06 AM)radix Wrote:
Code:
* Outfile formats:

2 = plain
    4 = hex_plain

Actually, just double check, so format 8, the position means the number of guesses issued for that password?

sorry to bother you again, it is just my crack result is a bit weird. also the value of the position seems to be unordered when they print out.
Yes. try -n 1 so you arent executing multiple threads. This should fix the unorderedness.
(01-27-2014, 05:52 PM)radix Wrote: Yes. try -n 1 so you arent executing multiple threads. This should fix the unorderedness.

Hi, this is probably digging old post, but I realized recently if I change the segment size, the number of guesses will also vary. Is it because with different segment size the words are tried in different order?

I am using plain dictionary attack.
(05-09-2015, 05:53 PM)honglonglong Wrote:
(01-27-2014, 05:52 PM)radix Wrote: Yes. try -n 1 so you arent executing multiple threads. This should fix the unorderedness.

Hi, this is probably digging old post, but I realized recently if I change the segment size, the number of guesses will also vary. Is it because with different segment size the words are tried in different order?

I am using plain dictionary attack.

Also, if I were to use rules-based attack, would the `crackpos` gives me the # of candidate words, or # of generated guesses? As you will have multiple guesses per candidate word based on the rule.