hashes are recorded cracked, but no password.
ok I am rather new, so expect this to be something i am doing wrong.. but I don't see it.

Using oclHashCat 1.32 on windows 7 with an nvidia card (not expecting the fastest results)

my command line is

(have renamed the hashcat exe to HC64.exe)

HC64.exe -m 3000 -a 0 --potfile-disable --outfile-check-timer 0 --outfile-format=3 -o E:\Plains.txt E:\LMHash.txt C:\HC132\Wordlists\DBPass.txt

E:\Plains.txt is my target results file
E:\LMHash.txt is my LM Hash list
E:\DBPass.txt is my wordlist, contain exactly 3 password KNOWN to be in the list

The program runs without any apparent errors

I get 'Recovered....: 1/5101 (0.02%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts'

when i look at the E:\Plains.txt

i see 1 <hash>:<no password>

It is finding the hash of one of the known password (i checked) and reporting it, but is not reporting the value of the cracked password... and only finding 1 of 3..

Any suggestions??

DB
(01-29-2015, 07:33 PM)Bogie Wrote: ok I am rather new, so expect this to be something i am doing wrong.. but I don't see it.

Using oclHashCat 1.32

i see 1 <hash>:<no password>

It is finding the hash of one of the known password (i checked) and reporting it, but is not reporting the value of the cracked password... and only finding 1 of 3..

Any suggestions??

DB

OK a dumb answer for one issue.. the 'cracked' hash was a hash of a null password... so .. no password.

Still NO idea why the 3 known passwords included in the dictionary are not producing results...
checked the hashcat.pot file?
(01-30-2015, 05:40 PM)forumhero Wrote: checked the hashcat.pot file?

I'm sorry, I should have said that up-front. yes, I have checked the .pot file.

I also understood (mis-understood?) that the '--potfile-disable' in the command line would prevent matches in the pot file from keeping them out of my result file..

The 3 passwords known to be in this hash list, do not show up in either the .pot file, or the result (plains) file.
This thread can be closed.

The hashes in question were NOT they type of hashes they were reported to be, and so they would not crack with the related method (duh Wink

Thanks everyone