Is this error 2xRX480 related?
Question 
https://imgur.com/oOPuxGJ

Two RX480s
Windows 10 x64

Worked fine on my GTX680
No, this is a known bug in AMD OpenCL runtime/compiler, which is part of the AMD driver. Somewhere between AMD driver version 15.12 and the current driver they made some change and this change was bad, so it's not directly related to the rx 480. The compiler no longer accepts:

Quote:-I "somepath"

... in clBuildProgram(). Now it needs to be:

Quote:-I somepath

otherwise it creates that "file not found" error...

The problem is, the new handling would fail if the user has a space in the path. 

Another problem is the handling of the encoding. For example if there's an "ä" in the path, but this error is not related to the quotes, it's another error with the encoding. 

Anyway we can't simply remove the quotes so that it works with newer drivers, because the root of the problem is the AMD driver. Other drivers as the Intel or the NVidia handle it fine, and the AMD driver 15.12 and before does, too.
(07-15-2016, 10:11 AM)atom Wrote: No, this is a known bug in AMD OpenCL runtime/compiler, which is part of the AMD driver. Somewhere between AMD driver version 15.12 and the current driver they made some change and this change was bad, so it's not directly related to the rx 480. The compiler no longer accepts:

Quote:-I "somepath"

... in clBuildProgram(). Now it needs to be:

Quote:-I somepath

otherwise it creates that "file not found" error...

The problem is, the new handling would fail if the user has a space in the path. 

Another problem is the handling of the encoding. For example if there's an "ä" in the path, but this error is not related to the quotes, it's another error with the encoding. 

Anyway we can't simply remove the quotes so that it works with newer drivers, because the root of the problem is the AMD driver. Other drivers as the Intel or the NVidia handle it fine, and the AMD driver 15.12 and before does, too.

Found this guy who got it working on 16.6.2, do you think he edited out the quotes and compiled it or was that a working driver version.

https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-5557.html
If this is a workaround for you, just clone it from github, remove the quotes, recompile.