GPU Cracking Machine
Hello everyone,

I was interested to see other users' hardware setups. I'm looking to build a CUDA based machine under 10K with 8 GPU Cores (4 / 8 cards). Any recommendations? All I've seen are Stream based... What type of case, PSU's, cards, mobo, OS, and etc. Any input would be great!

Btw: I was going more CUDA based due to compatibility of other programs.

I was also looking to do some rainbowtable generation while this is not in use for cracking...

Thanks!!

EVGA SR2 w/ 2 Xeon 5645
12 gig Corsair Dominator
7x EVGA GTX 580 SC
2x Silverstone 1500W
crazy custom cooling with Aquacomputer blocks
Very nice, nix based or windows? Are you doing any kind of rt generating?

(12-27-2011, 08:19 AM)radix Wrote:
(12-27-2011, 08:13 AM)txthrizzle Wrote: Hello everyone,

I was interested to see other users' hardware setups. I'm looking to build a CUDA based machine under 10K with 8 GPU Cores (4 / 8 cards). Any recommendations? All I've seen are Stream based... What type of case, PSU's, cards, mobo, OS, and etc. Any input would be great!

Btw: I was going more CUDA based due to compatibility of other programs.

I was also looking to do some rainbowtable generation while this is not in use for cracking...

Thanks!!

linux, no RT gen.
bumpity bump bump!
I would like to build something once maxwell comes out from nvidia (2013-2014) Got a couple of years to save up and plan.

My question is I saw a rig from purehate over on backtrack some time ago and he had more than 8 gpu cards in there.

This got me thinking, since the plus edition can handle 16 gpu's is there a way I can have 3 separate 4u racks or smaller
rack 1 main pc
rack 2 + 3 8gpu's in each (gpu's only no cpu)
now there is 2 pcie cards in the main pc with a cable from each to connect to the 2 gpu racks. is this possible?
BTW single gpu cards not dual ones.
my main concern is the bandwidth but I hope to use pci-e16 3.0 specs or 4.0 what ever is available at the time of build.

I do like the pyrit server setup were I could build 2 seperate pc's with 7-8 cards in each then have them work together but I don't think hashcat-plus will work this way.

yes it does, see here to get an idea: http://hashcat.net/wiki/distributing_wor...oclhashcat
So I can have as many computers/gpu's as I want and still have them all working on the same goal?
yes, exactly