No hashes loaded, line length exception?
Used 7z2hashcat, then loaded up hashcat and:
Hashfile 'hashuni.txt' on line 1 (▒▒$): Line-length exception

Parsing Hashes: 0/1 (0.00%)...No hashes loaded

In unicode save format.

Saved in UTF8 in case it was an encoding problem and it just overruns the text area and returns no hashes loaded without me being able to see the error message.

any ideas? The hash looks well formatted AFAICT. The only suspcious thing is the - in the header:
$7z$1$19$0$$8$b9bbba35e180b4e30000000000000000$-914293439$

Also the encrypted data following the header is very long, thousands of characters. Judging from the example hashes page this might not be right? It is just the output from 7z2hashcat, could the error be in that step? Could the original file be corrupted?

I also see on 7z2hashcat
1 means that the data must be decompressed using the LZMA1 decompressor
is there an additional intermediate step I am missing?

However I saw this:
"In addition to some bug fixes, they now also support decompressing LZMA1/LZMA data streams. The header decompression problem in 7z2hashcat.pl seems to be fixed too. Currently there are no further known problems" from the 7z2hashcat thread so I'm thinking it must be something else.

any help or thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers
I think there is some special byte in there, like the windows BOM etc.

Hashcat doesn't expect that there is any other bytes within the hash file except the bytes that are required ("the hash").

Please remove everything before and after the hash or just copy-paste the output (without the BOM etc).
(12-03-2017, 10:28 AM)philsmd Wrote: I think there is some special byte in there, like the windows BOM etc.

Hashcat doesn't expect that there is any other bytes within the hash file except the bytes that are required ("the hash").

Please remove everything before and after the hash or just copy-paste the output (without the BOM etc).

Copying and pasting the output is what I did. I piped the output directly into a txt file and searched the txt for special characters. It is something like 56k characters long. It appears to have all the correct $ delineated fields. I'm in ubuntu. Everything is in hex, I assume this is what it is supposed to be.

Command I'm using is
-a 0 -m 11600 hash.txt output.dict
use a proper text editor like Notepad++
(12-03-2017, 10:39 PM)undeath Wrote: use a proper text editor like Notepad++

tried that too.
Is it against the rules for me to post a bounty for help resolving this issue? (not cracking anything, just help with the txt file format)

also, I ran though 7z2hashcat with a test archive and it came out fine, so maybe the issue is the file itself? It's just a 28kb archive though.
If it is a non-sensitive archive, just open a issue here, explain the issue again and attach the file to the guthub issue: https://github.com/philsmd/7z2hashcat

Otherwise, I might give it a glance if you PM me (a link to) the archive on the forum. I for sure won't crack it for you. I'm only interested if this is really a bug or not.
@nazgulnarsil told me that he/she was able to load the hash successfully with the latest version from github (it seems that the only problem was the hashcat version, 7z2hashcat wasn't the problem at all it seems... it could have to do with recent changes like this one: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/commi...c85a0248d6)

I'm closing this thread