SHA1 hashfile bug
I've been trying to decrypt an SHA1 hashlist using my 3 6970s in Tri-Fire

When I do the command: oclHashcat-lite64 -1 ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l -m 100
0000505097a9348ecfd203b8d0791435e2fe5a22 -o cracked.txt

via OCLHashcat-lite, it works just fine...

HOWEVER, when I try the same command, but via loading multiple hashes with hash003.txt in the place of the hash and using OCLHashcat-plus (because of multi-hash), the program will start and say it's "Running", but I get 0% GPU utilization across all 3 GPUs. When I do it via lite with a single hash I get 99% on all 3 GPUs or close to it.

I've taken a screenshot of what's happening on OCLHashcat-plus, along with the GPU utilization to show my issue accurately.

[Image: oclpluserror.png]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you as missing -a 3
(01-04-2012, 11:06 AM)atom Wrote: you as missing -a 3

I added -a 3 as well, to no avail. I'm still getting the same issue with the --help response. hashcat-lite .8 will use all 3 GPUs and work just fine when working with 1 single SHA-1 hash at a time, but hashcat-plus v.7, using the same command line, but substituting the hashfile.txt in the place of the plaintext hash does not work at all. I just get a Status: Running, with 0% GPU usage on all 3 GPUs.
you screenshot does not show -a 3
(01-04-2012, 11:23 PM)atom Wrote: you screenshot does not show -a 3

yes, but I'm stating that I tried it after your suggestion
what i meant, do exactly the commandline from your example in the screenshot and add -a 3 to the command. it will work then. there is no problem in your screenshot its just wrongly used. if you do not specify an attack-mode it uses -a 0 as default, so it think you want to do dictionary attack. since you did not add a dictionary for the dictionary attack it thinks you want to pipe data into it thats why it says starting in stdin mode. since you do not pipe data into nothing happens.

that ADL_ error message is something completly different. this is usually from outdated catalyst driver and/or oudated gpu bios.
(01-05-2012, 10:40 AM)atom Wrote: what i meant, do exactly the commandline from your example in the screenshot and add -a 3 to the command. it will work then. there is no problem in your screenshot its just wrongly used. if you do not specify an attack-mode it uses -a 0 as default, so it think you want to do dictionary attack. since you did not add a dictionary for the dictionary attack it thinks you want to pipe data into it thats why it says starting in stdin mode. since you do not pipe data into nothing happens.

that ADL_ error message is something completly different. this is usually from outdated catalyst driver and/or oudated gpu bios.

I always use the newest AMD drivers, but sometimes they are beta or preview versions, which could affect that Temperature parsing.

What I mentioned before was that I had already tried adding -a 3 to the commandline in different areas to no avail. I'm posting another screenshot below to show this:

[Image: errorsk.png]

When I do this command, but with a single hash in v.8 lite, it works fine. But in v.7 plus, it doesn't, I just get the --help response.

Thanks
remove the -1
(01-06-2012, 03:51 PM)atom Wrote: remove the -1

Sorry to keep being a pain, but I did that as well, as pictured below:

[Image: errors2.png]

Which command would you use to crack a list of SHA-1 hashes (hash003.txt in this particular case), using lowercase,uppercase, and digits via bruteforce?

I was using another app called releasecracker, but it only loads 3042 hashes at a time, and is rather inefficient and slow compared to this cracker, which is why I'm really focused on getting it to work.

Thanks again!
Ok, I finally got this command line to work: oclHashcat-plus64 -a 3 hash003.txt ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l -m 100 -o cracked.txt

However, is there a way to use parameters to define the cracking method so that it will attempt to crack the hashes.txt list with uppercase, lowercase, and digits AND be 9 chars long?
Quote:Ok, I finally got this command line to work: oclHashcat-plus64 -a 3 hash003.txt ?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l -m 100 -o cracked.txt

However, is there a way to use parameters to define the cracking method so that it will attempt to crack the hashes.txt list with uppercase, lowercase, and digits AND be 9 chars long?
Use this line:

Code:
oclHashcat-plus64 -a 3 -m 100 -o cracked.txt -1 ?d?u?l hash003.txt ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
You just first define your custom characterset (-1) and then use it in the mask. Notice that is not the letter l but the number 1 that are beside the ? in my mask. Also the order of most parameters is not important, I have just put them in the order that makes more sense to me.