Potential increases in hash rate for CPU purchase
Hello Folks, 

Im currently working on cracking an eth wallet i forgot my password to. been at it for a few months now, so things are going down a bit of a brute force path. I have to run haschcat on my CPU due to the difficulty of the hash ("n":262144,"p":1,"r":8" -- would require a ~1000gb gpu). I'm thinking of purchasing a new CPU, as mine is from 2017. I'm getting a whopping 7 H/s right now with my amd ryzen 5 1400 quad core (https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-1400)

question:
what kind of speed increase can I expect, and what are the things i should look for in a new CPU?
Probably better off just buying a server processor(s) and having more cores. Unless you have a fairly narrow password keyspace you're not going to have much luck and wasting resources on a lost cause. If you do have a good idea of the password and have a small keyspace to crack which at 7h/s I understand it taking a while then with your previous comment on using an AMD ryzen 5 1400 why not just step it up to a 3000 or 5000 series if your motherboard supports it.

Otherwise, being a slow hash rate, it won't improve much maybe double.
(03-11-2021, 11:57 PM)slyexe Wrote: Probably better off just buying a server processor(s) and having more cores. Unless you have a fairly narrow password keyspace you're not going to have much luck and wasting resources on a lost cause. If you do have a good idea of the password and have a small keyspace to crack which at 7h/s I understand it taking a while then with your previous comment on using an AMD ryzen 5 1400 why not just step it up to a 3000 or 5000 series if your motherboard supports it.

Otherwise, being a slow hash rate, it won't improve much maybe double.

Thanks for the response, I haven't had a chance to look myself, but will the process of setting up hashcat on a server for more cores/processors be different from setting it up on my personal computer?
Hello, can you share your hashcat parameters please ? i am same with you trying on my eth wallet
"n":262144,"p":1,"r":8"
with -m 15700 i was get 8-9 H my old i7 3770K cpu . But now i am use Ryzen 5 3600x and i can not start hashcat