RTX 3060ti only 6 H/s ??? ..... and no CPU found
Dear Hashcat members,

Pretty much lost with recovering my ETH-wallet password for keystore file.
I'm getting only 6 H/s with a RTX 3060ti. How can that be and how to solve?
Another thing is that, when trying to use the CPU, hashcat doesn't find a CPU when trying with -D 1 command (Intel OpenCL runtime installed) --> no device found. I've also checked it with: "hashcat -I" and there it's only showing my GPU. How to solve that?
Any help would be pretty much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance & greetings
what kind of CPU do you use?

ethereum wallets using the scrypt algorithm, with was especially designed to withstand GPU-Attacks, so yeah thats the main reason for your slow hashrate, CPU will perform better but dont try to bruteforce your own password, if you have a really good clue about your password, generating your own wordlist will be the best approach
(11-15-2021, 06:27 PM)Snoopy Wrote: what kind of CPU do you use?

ethereum wallets using the scrypt algorithm, with was especially designed to withstand GPU-Attacks, so yeah thats the main reason for your slow hashrate, CPU will perform better but dont try to bruteforce your own password, if you have a really good clue about your password, generating your own wordlist will be the best approach

Ah okay, good to know....thanks for the answer, but then to the second question in my post:

"Another thing is that, when trying to use the CPU, hashcat doesn't find a CPU when trying with -D 1 command (Intel OpenCL runtime installed) --> no device found. I've also checked it with: "hashcat -I" and there it's only showing my GPU. How to solve that?"

I'm using a Intel i7 10700F (without integrated Intel HDGraphics), but could also use a mobile i7 9750H (with integrated Intel HD graphics, (and MobileRTX 2060, but doesn't matter I think, as answered before by you))

...another little addition: If there's a workaround for the problem, please tell me a Windows-solution, if possible. I'm not very familiar with linux. But if Linux would be the only solution, please tell me anyway and I will try to deep dive Wink

Okay, got it to run with another version of openCL runtime (2.0.616 instead of 4.0.3556)
Now to the last question looking at speed: 3 H/s normal for an intel i7 10700F when using dive-rule (maybe also another, but at the moment testing with dive)

Any help not needed anymore. Got my Dad's password back!!!! Anyway, thanks for your help Snoopy!!!

But won't delete this post because of Snoopy's hint and my find with openCL runtime version for CPU usage, which could maybe help others seeing it.

(If it's disturbing in any way, please delete it for me then)