COMPUTE vs. DISPLAY
#1
Is it just me or did AMD drop the COMPUTE environment variable overriding DISPLAY in 13.12? I found it very handy for ssh -X sessions but it doesn't work anymore.

Fwiw it could be worked around within oclHashcat, eg. like this:
Code:
char *env; // Prefer COMPUTE over DISPLAY and lacking both, assume :0 env = getenv("COMPUTE"); if (env && *env) setenv("DISPLAY", env, 1); else { env = getenv("DISPLAY"); if (!env || !*env) setenv("DISPLAY", ":0", 1); }

I was going to add a request on trac but I thought I'd ask for others opinions/insights first.
#2
Read this for more info: http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158710

Compute is just an override. It doesn't have to exist by default.
#3
(01-21-2014, 10:02 PM)unix-ninja Wrote: Read this for more info: http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158710

Compute is just an override. It doesn't have to exist by default.

The problem is it doesn't seem to be honored anymore, using 13.12. If I have COMPUTE=:0 and DISPLAY=localhost:10.0 (from ssh -X) it will use the latter and fail. I think COMPUTE worked fine up to and including last beta before the release driver. My suggested workaround more or less restores the functionality.