Rules Filter
#1

If the rule filter works how I think it does (using the results from my humble testing) I may have a feature request to disable it as I personally believe some users may be better off without it in some situations.

Before I elaborate further would you even consider this sort of request ?

Thank you. Smile

----

Totally separate question but it didn't justify a separate topic !

Can we ask general computer questions in the "General Help" section on the forum or is it just for hashcat ?
#2
(12-02-2011, 06:53 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: If the rule filter works how I think it does (using the results from my humble testing) I may have a feature request to disable it as I personally believe some users may be better off without it in some situations.

no its there for several reasons. most important it to avoid program crashes.

(12-02-2011, 06:53 PM)Hash-IT Wrote: Can we ask general computer questions in the "General Help" section on the forum or is it just for hashcat ?

it should be related to hashcat. for example dealing with gpu heat, building cracking pc, problems with ati driver, etc
#3
I made a monumental error in my last post so I have modified it rather than typing it all out again if anyone is confused by my ramblings !! Ha ha ! Big Grin Must get some sleep !

I am using hashcat to test the rules filter which I intend to actually use in oclhashcatplus and I tried the following.

I get multiple duplicate entries.


Example

Code:
hashcat-cli32.exe -r a.rule --stdout pw.txt >> Rule_Result.txt


In order to toggle the case of 2 characters in my test list I used the following.

a.rule contains…
Code:
T0 T1 T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 TA TB TC TD TE T0T1 T0T2 T0T3 T0T4 T0T5 T0T6 T0T7 T0T8 T0T9 T0TA T0TB T0TC T0TD T0TE T1T2 T1T3 T1T4 T1T5 T1T6 T1T7 T1T8 T1T9 T1TA T1TB T1TC T1TD T1TE T2T3 T2T4 T2T5 T2T6 T2T7 T2T8 T2T9 T2TA T2TB T2TC T2TD T2TE T3T4 T3T5 T3T6 T3T7 T3T8 T3T9 T3TA T3TB T3TC T3TD T3TE T4T5 T4T6 T4T7 T4T8 T4T9 T4TA T4TB T4TC T4TD T4TE T5T6 T5T7 T5T8 T5T9 T5TA T5TB T5TC T5TD T5TE T6T7 T6T8 T6T9 T6TA T6TB T6TC T6TD T6TE T7T8 T7T9 T7TA T7TB T7TC T7TD T7TE T8T9 T8TA T8TB T8TC T8TD T8TE T9TA T9TB T9TC T9TD T9TE TATB TATC TATD TATE TBTC TBTD TBTE TCTD TCTE TDTE

Pw.txt contains….
Code:
test 1234567890 pass123

My output file contained….

Code:
Test 1234567890 Pass123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 TEst 1234567890 PAss123 TeSt 1234567890 PaSs123 TesT 1234567890 PasS123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 Test 1234567890 Pass123 tESt 1234567890 pASs123 tEsT 1234567890 pAsS123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 tEst 1234567890 pAss123 teST 1234567890 paSS123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 teSt 1234567890 paSs123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 tesT 1234567890 pasS123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123 test 1234567890 pass123

As you can see many lines were duplicated.
#4
Sorry about the previous post, silly errors have been corrected !

Sad
#5
ok, can i close this?
#6
(12-05-2011, 11:38 AM)atom Wrote: ok, can i close this?

Of course, its your forum !! Big Grin

I was wondering though about the duplicate lines in the example above. I remember you saying that multiple duplicate blank lines or gaps were caused by something to do with SSE2 but is that responsible for this effect also ?

Is there anyway to fix this ? Seems a shame generating all this only to have to filter it all later.

Thank you.

#7
yes its related to the SSE2 thing. but it is only because of the low number of words in the dictionary. if you choose a regular wordlist it will not occour.
#8
(12-06-2011, 11:32 AM)atom Wrote: yes its related to the SSE2 thing. but it is only because of the low number of words in the dictionary. if you choose a regular wordlist it will not occour.

Thank you very much, that's good enough for me ! Big Grin Just thought I had found a problem.

Close it if you like ! Smile