NVidia RTX 2080
(08-20-2018, 10:02 PM)soxrok2212 Wrote: In regards to gaming, great. In regards to everything else, im pretty disappointed. Nvidia basically screwed over everyone else with the physical design of the cards. No more blower means hot cases and hot parallel cards. This design won’t be great for hashcat.
Well, if you take the gamers out, who's left? The professionals buy the professional cards which still have radial design. Maybe the miners, but NVidia made only 18 Mio. in the 2nd quarter of 2018 with mining hardware. That's no market to count on.

And all major brands had their own radial desings in the past, they also will in the future, so it's not completely catastrophic. But sure, not very ideal since the original design was pretty much bullet proof.
Oh no I’m not arguing that they should be making them specifically for people other than gamers, I just wish they would’ve kept the most “compatability” for everyone.
Ah, ok. The old cooler solution was very reliable, but also very noisy compared to OEM products. I guess NVidia just wants to sell more of their original designs to simply make more profit. In their opinion the majority has a big benefit of the new design, including themselves Wink
Another big question is: How far away is AMD to build raytracing-compatible GPUs? I'm old enogh to remember the upcoming of 3D-GPUs, how big the impact was and that certain GPU-vendors died in a result of that.
Funfact: It was NVidia with their GeForce-256-series, who combined 3D processing and GPU-acceleration under one hood and made successful companies like Tseng, Matrox or 3dfx disappear forever.

I tend to see things a bit negative in this case and if AMD is not able to bring up a competing product by 2019, sellings will drop even more and that'll be it with AMD and GPUs.

Despite Intel wants to launch their own GPU series in 2020 and if they don't come up with raytracing either, the impact on the market will be negligible.
The ASUS TURBO-RTX2080TI-11G may be worth checking out for those who want to stick with a blower fan:

[Image: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png]

“The ASUS Turbo GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti is designed from the ground up for systems with multiple GPUs or other airflow restricting scenarios by incorporating a host of subtle design optimizations that improve airflow through the shroud and increase reliability.”

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/T...080TI-11G/
based on 10-series, these aftermarket blower fans will be shitty
(08-25-2018, 10:24 AM)stinky Wrote: based on 10-series, these aftermarket blower fans will be shitty

Agreed. Typically they reuse the same cooler from previous generations and slap in on the new card with minimal testing.
(08-25-2018, 03:33 PM)soxrok2212 Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 10:24 AM)stinky Wrote: based on 10-series, these aftermarket blower fans will be shitty

Agreed. Typically they reuse the same cooler from previous generations and slap in on the new card with minimal testing.

This is why I usually just suck it up and only use reference cards. Sure, they might run hotter and maybe I can get better performance out of an aftermarket but there are a lot less question marks and variables that come into play. Reliability is key for me. The less maintenance and replacing of cards and troubleshooting cards that I do, the more time I can focus on other areas of production.
Why RTX 2070 isn't available to pre-order on GeForce website? And, why doesn't it come with NVLINK connection for SLI users?
(08-20-2018, 10:02 PM)soxrok2212 Wrote: In regards to gaming, great. In regards to everything else, im pretty disappointed. Nvidia basically screwed over everyone else with the physical design of the cards. No more blower means hot cases and hot parallel cards. This design won’t be great for hashcat.

(08-25-2018, 05:42 AM)gbvy Wrote: The ASUS TURBO-RTX2080TI-11G may be worth checking out for those who want to stick with a blower fan:

[Image: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png]

“The ASUS Turbo GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti is designed from the ground up for systems with multiple GPUs or other airflow restricting scenarios by incorporating a host of subtle design optimizations that improve airflow through the shroud and increase reliability.”

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/T...080TI-11G/

I have been running 4 x 1080 Ti Asus Turbo cards since September nearly 24/7 (brief downtimes due to hardware relocation) as it was very difficult to purchase multiple new FE cards at the time. Been very happy with their performance so far, both in terms of cooling and H/s.

I'll be interested to see how the 2080 Ti Turbo holds up.