oclhashcat-plus 0.13 doesn't find password even though it's provided in wordlist
#1
Question 
Hi,

I have a problem with WPA/WPA2 password recovery using oclHashcat-plus64.
I'm using Linux Mint 14 and an AMD HD 6800. I have Catalyst 13.1 installed.
I used aircrack-ng to record the four-way handshake on my network. Then I converted the .cap file as described in the hashcat-wiki (wpaclean and aircrack -J).

For a simple test, I put my WPA password into a txt file and launched oclhashcat-plus64 using this command:
./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -m 2500 capture.hccap mywordlist.txt

This is the output:
Code:
./oclHashcat-plus64.bin -m 2500 capture.hccap mywordlist.txt oclHashcat-plus v0.13 by atom starting... Hashes: 1 total, 1 unique salts, 1 unique digests Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes Rules: 1 Workload: 16 loops, 8 accel Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c Device #1: Barts, 512MB, 900Mhz, 14MCU Device #1: Kernel ./kernels/4098/m2500.Barts_1084.4_1084.4.kernel (1789032 bytes) Generated dictionary stats for mywordlist.txt: 19 bytes, 1 words, 0 keyspace Session.Name...: oclHashcat-plus Status.........: Exhausted Input.Mode.....: File (mywordlist.txt) Hash.Target....: Luftbruecke (00:03:c9:34:c6:b0 <-> 6c:83:36:b9:5e:d3) Hash.Type......: WPA/WPA2 Time.Started...: Wed Feb 13 20:38:08 2013 (43 years, 43 days) Time.Estimated.: 0 secs Speed.GPU.#1...: 0/s Recovered......: 0/1 (0.00%) Digests, 0/1 (0.00%) Salts Progress.......: 0/0 (100.00%) Rejected.......: 0/0 (100.00%) HWMon.GPU.#1...: 1% Util, 44c Temp, 23% Fan Started: Wed Feb 13 20:38:08 2013 Stopped: Wed Feb 13 20:38:08 2013

mywordlist.txt contains nothing but the correct password, yet oclhashcat-plus doesn't recognize it. What's going wrong here? Any ideas?
Btw, when I use large wordlists, I notice that the "Rejected" rate is quite high (~35%).


Messages In This Thread
oclhashcat-plus 0.13 doesn't find password even though it's provided in wordlist - by pieceofpeace - 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM