5970 slow?
#9
This is my benchmark 825/1010. I had to set --cpu-accel=240 instead of 800 because every run was killed. I guess due to insufficient memory (I got 1Gb ram). Results are comparable though and the small difference may be well due to cpu-accel.

So you were right, of course! salt+pass accounts to about 7% penalty, 200k hashes account to about 17% penalty and they add up to about 25% penalty I was observing.

Concluding, can you point out how to maximize a sha1 salt+pass attack?
Lite is not an option, I also tried the trick of putting salt in the mask (-m 100 ... <salt>?a?a?a?a?a), hoping -m 120 was optimized for many salts, but it just runs 10 times slower. 830 looks like the top without overvolting (and I don't want to). So, the only try looks like going -n 800. Do you know if I need more ram and suggest how much?

Thank you!!

Code:
Hash.Type......: MD5 Speed.GPU.#1...: 3437.1M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 3475.8M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 6912.8M/s Hash.Type......: Joomla Speed.GPU.#1...: 3009.1M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 3064.6M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 6073.7M/s Hash.Type......: SHA1 Speed.GPU.#1...: 1559.2M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 1569.4M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 3128.7M/s Hash.Type......: MSSQL(2000) Speed.GPU.#1...: 1161.6M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 1174.0M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 2335.6M/s Hash.Type......: NTLM.. Speed.GPU.#1...: 4474.3M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 4499.2M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 8973.5M/s Hash.Type......: DCC, mscashCredentials, mscash... Speed.GPU.#1...: 2092.9M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 2131.6M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 4224.5M/s Hash.Type......: SHA256 Speed.GPU.#1...: 462.8M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 467.7M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 930.5M/s Hash.Type......: descrypt, DES(Unix), Traditional DES Speed.GPU.#1...: 33932.2k/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 33929.6k/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 67861.8k/s Hash.Type......: SHA512 Speed.GPU.#1...: 68280.5k/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 68299.7k/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 136.6M/s Hash.Type......: LM Speed.GPU.#1...: 411.8M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 412.8M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 824.6M/s Hash.Type......: Oracle 7-10gES(Oracle)... Speed.GPU.#1...: 68937.7k/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 68014.2k/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 137.0M/s

and may I add specific sha1 benchmarks

Code:
Hash.Type......: SHA1 Speed.GPU.#1...: 1559.2M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 1569.4M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 3128.7M/s Hash.Type......: SHA1 (salt + pass) Speed.GPU.#1...: 1450.4M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 1450.3M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 2900.7M/s Hash.Type......: SHA1 (200k hashes) Speed.GPU.#1...: 1294.3M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 1296.4M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 2590.7M/s Hash.Type......: SHA1 (salt + pass, 200k hashes) Speed.GPU.#1...: 1175.1M/s Speed.GPU.#2...: 1175.4M/s Speed.GPU.#*...: 2350.5M/s


Messages In This Thread
5970 slow? - by uzomoshi - 04-14-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: 5970 slow? - by Rolf - 04-14-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: 5970 slow? - by uzomoshi - 04-15-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: 5970 slow? - by epixoip - 04-15-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: 5970 slow? - by epixoip - 04-15-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: 5970 slow? - by uzomoshi - 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: 5970 slow? - by epixoip - 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: 5970 slow? - by epixoip - 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: 5970 slow? - by uzomoshi - 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: 5970 slow? - by epixoip - 04-19-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: 5970 slow? - by atom - 04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: 5970 slow? - by uzomoshi - 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: 5970 slow? - by atom - 04-19-2013, 04:37 PM