03-17-2014, 04:17 PM
(03-16-2014, 12:48 PM)vrposter Wrote: Here is what I did when I had an old driver notoriosly sitting on my Linux box and preventing oclHashcat from work.
Download 13.12 here (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-ca...x86_64.zip)
Then first complete uninstall the old driver version (you should have it sitting on your box. I ssh'ed into my linux box cause you have to stop lightdm, after stop no more access direct
sudo all commands
I have all catalyst version in one directory
Code:ssh <into your box> stop lightdm cd path/to/old/catalystXX.XX/ sh amd-driver-installer-catalyst-XX.XX-linux-x86.x86_64.run --uninstall=force rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf* reboot -f
installed 13.12 then. ssh or direct via terminal
Code:cd path/to/new/catalyst13.12/ sh amd-driver-installer-catalyst-XX.XX-linux-x86.x86_64.run amdconfig --adapter=all --initial -f reboot -f
worked for me
Thank you very much
my English is poor because i am Chinese
I have to add something
1.my Desktop Environment lxde
stop lightdm
administrator@ubuntu-A03:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/lightdm stop
[sudo] password for administrator:
sudo: /etc/init.d/lightdm:Command not find
2.Driving is the same
how to handle/deal with it ?
