290x Stops Cracking and Hangs OclHashcat
#6
I don't think so, I just rebuilt the OS less than a week ago and used the same driver reference in the wiki.

I had it crash twice doing a benchmark, so I think power might be it, just interesting I never this this problem with this setup for a couple weeks in Windows (before this I had 280x cards which were a little less power hungry, but had awful cooling).

I think it's probably because there are still 100+ hashes pending on that run that's slowing it down for hashrate, benchmark seems to be where it should be.
Code:
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep fglrx ... [ 17.731] (II) fglrx(1): Kernel Module Version Information: [ 17.731] (II) fglrx(1): Name: fglrx [ 17.731] (II) fglrx(1): Version: 14.30.4 [ 17.731] (II) fglrx(1): Date: Sep 15 2014 [ 17.731] (II) fglrx(1): Desc: AMD FireGL DRM kernel module ... $ dmesg | grep fglrx | grep module [ 2.865906] fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel. [ 2.869865] fglrx: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel [ 2.912698] <6>[fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 14.30.4 [Sep 15 2014] with 4 minors ~/atidrivers$ ls amd-catalyst-14-9-linux-x86-x86-64.zip amd-driver-installer-14.301.1001-x86.x86_64.run check.sh doc $ ./oclHashcat64.bin -b -m 1000 --powertune-enable oclHashcat v1.36 starting in benchmark-mode... Device #1: Hawaii, 3072MB, 1000Mhz, 44MCU Device #2: Hawaii, 3072MB, 1000Mhz, 44MCU Device #3: Hawaii, 3072MB, 1000Mhz, 44MCU Device #4: Turks, 512MB, 650Mhz, 6MCU Hashtype: NTLM Workload: 1024 loops, 256 accel Speed.GPU.#1.: 23223.8 MH/s Speed.GPU.#2.: 23215.9 MH/s Speed.GPU.#3.: 23185.1 MH/s Speed.GPU.#4.: 2298.7 MH/s Speed.GPU.#*.: 71923.5 MH/s Started: Fri Jun 26 09:49:40 2015 Stopped: Fri Jun 26 09:49:57 2015


Messages In This Thread
RE: 290x Stops Cracking and Hangs OclHashcat - by tazeat - 06-26-2015, 07:01 PM