Kubuntu 18.10 Nvidia GTX 1050 OpenCL compatibility
#5
(01-26-2019, 01:12 PM)philsmd Wrote: your clinfo doesn't show any Nvidia GPU at all.
what physical hardware do you have?

if you do not have a nvidia GPU, you shouldn't install the nvidia drivers.
You need to install the drivers for your specific vendor.

I only see a slow Intel GPU in your clinfo output

lspci:
Code:
samuel@Samuel-PcPortable:~/Desktop$ lspci | grep VGA 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 591b (rev 04) 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile] (rev a1)

nvidia-smi:
Code:
samuel@Samuel-PcPortable:~/Desktop$ nvidia-smi Sat Jan 26 12:14:10 2019       +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | NVIDIA-SMI 415.27       Driver Version: 415.27       CUDA Version: 10.0     | |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+ | GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC | | Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. | |===============================+======================+======================| |   0  GeForce GTX 1050    Off  | 00000000:01:00.0  On |                  N/A | | N/A   36C    P8    N/A /  N/A |    204MiB /  2000MiB |      0%      Default | +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+                                                                               +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Processes:                                                       GPU Memory | |  GPU       PID   Type   Process name                             Usage      | |=============================================================================| |    0      1499      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                           113MiB | |    0      2303      G   kded5 [kdeinit5]                               5MiB | |    0      2361      G   /usr/bin/plasmashell                          15MiB | |    0      4130      G   ...quest-channel-token=8536762565275950982    67MiB | +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

I think I'm pretty sure that I have a nvidia card


Messages In This Thread
RE: Kubuntu 18.10 Nvidia GTX 1050 OpenCL compatibility - by TheStaticTurtle - 01-26-2019, 01:15 PM