($200 reward) Phantom Wallet seed phrase recovery
Hey!

I use the Phantom wallet extension (a Solana crypto wallet) but it got suddently corrupted and now when i try to login using my password, which is written since a long time on a text file on my computer, i have this error message "Something went wrong, please try again later". 

I assume that the extension got corrupted (maybe after some clearing cache, idk) and the best and quickest way to recover the wallet is using my seed phrase but since i wasn't expecting that at all, i still haven't backed up it and i need to find an other solution.

After some research, i found from a reliable source that Phantom wallet store the seed phrase locally (i use Windows 10) on the extension files (a .ldb file) and is encrypted by the wallet password (that i have). 

I found my encrypted seed phrase, it looks like this : 

{"encryptedKey"{"digest":"sha256","encrypted":"wFCwaUXv2nCNS1vBcuZiXnhS1hNK2e5ZerPTWz1Nst37x64WQBmMS1QWuetdp3X4P","iterations"10000"kdf":"pbkdf2","nonce":"2AeSHJN3yAviUqmg3AGqRjdZEAjX7mAq4","salt":"q9FJnyK8eaQPEz7XsNgUT"},"version":1}
(PS : it is an encrypted seed phrase from a new Phantom wallet with no funds on it)

After some other research, i heard about the "Metamask vault decryptor", which is a tool that can decrypt those type of encrypted data by using the wallet password but unfortunately it works only with Metamask wallet.

It's for this i'm here now to ask if there is a gigabrain that know a tool or a script to decrypt this gibberish? The wallet contain $2k, which is precious money for me. I promise a $200 reward for the person who helped me to decrypt this.

(PS : if that can help, i assume that the encryption and decryption code for Phantom wallet is quite similar to the code that you can find on this article : https://medium.com/@alevymyers/recoverin...a59e61ae08)

If you need any extra infos, feel free to ask.

Nice greetings!

Messages In This Thread
($200 reward) Phantom Wallet seed phrase recovery - by Qwarkz - 02-01-2024, 07:46 PM