Commercial password cracker hardware vendor?
(05-07-2024, 01:02 AM)Chick3nman Wrote: This is pretty difficult these days as the 4090s are not possible to put into servers unless you have some of the extremely rare 2 slot variant or cards with water coolers. If you are on a time crunch to get this figured out, i may be able to help, but otherwise I would wait a bit until we know more about the next generation of cards. I have a few hardware vendors I'm in contact with right now and more acceptable systems could be coming out later this year if all goes well.

Unfortunately, I can't wait for the RTX 50 series of GPUs.  Business requirements have me needing this system up & running in the summer/fall 2024 timeframe.  I just don't see much hope of new GPUs being released and actually being able to purchase multiple GPUs anytime in 2024.

My current system is a quad GPU system based on GTX 1080 Founders edition, which vents air out the back of the card.  That system has been used and abused for many years and is still working, but it is getting long in the tooth at this point.

Your "difficult" comment above is a big reason I'm a bit nervous about building my own password cracker.  Are the rear venting GPUs a thing of the past?  I'm not experienced with water cooling builds, so I just want to buy this from a vendor experienced making such systems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Commercial password cracker hardware vendor? - by kevin512 - 05-07-2024, 05:42 PM