What is the best datacentre GPUs for hashcat?
Enterprise hardware
If you wanted to run hashcat on enterprise hardware, thus could not use consumer GPUs, what datacentre GPUs would you recommended?

I have reviewed the benchmarks for the A100 & H100, they do not come close (assuming I am reading it correctly) to the performance of RTX 4090. Plus the A100/H100 are at a much higher cost. I assume this is due to the types of cores they have and the underlying  architecture.

I have noted in the most recent conversation ( thread 11629 ) regarding the most performant GPUs and @Chick3nman suggested Quadro RTX 6000 Ada GPU,  if you cannot use the RTX 4090. However, this is still considered a consumer GPU.

Looking at https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/data-center GPUs, I was thinking the L40 that is based on the Ada Lovelace architecture (same architecture as the RTX 6000 Ada?) might offer the best performance? If this is the case, any idea how it would compare to the RTX 4090?

Apart from the A100/H100 I have struggled to find benchmarks for other NVIDIA Datacentre GPUs - if anyone can point me in the direction that would be great.

Consumer Hardware
In addition to my question above, if you do use consumer GPUs, I think the recommendation (based on what I have read on this forum plus benchmarks on GitHub) would be either:
 4 or 6 x  RTX 4090
 8 x  RTX 6000 Ada

Does anyone know if that is correct?

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
What is the best datacentre GPUs for hashcat? - by starfish - 10-05-2023, 01:56 PM