What is the best video card for brute force?
The price doesn't matter, I'm interested in the finished set.
Which kit is better to take?
8 pcs RTX 4090
or
8 pcs NVIDIA HGX A100 80GB 500W SXM4 GPUs, fully interconnected with NVIDIA NVLink technology
or
8 pcs PNY Quadro RTX™ 8000 VCQRTX8000-PB, 48GB GDDR6, Graphics Card, fully interconnected with NVIDIA NVLink technology
or
4 pcs NVIDIA® RTX™ A6000, 48 GB GDDR6, 4 DP ? ?

what videocard best for bruteforce? (Universal algo but usually its NTLM)
Most of those cards are... Less than ideal. The professional cards will cost a significant amount more than an equally as powerful consumer GPU. That being said, if you are planing to put these into a single system, 8x 4090 isn't even easily possible. If somehow it is possible for you, through custom water cooling or something, the 8x 4090 would be best but ONLY if you are NOT using risers. If you are going to use risers, things get a good bit more complicated as they can cause serious issues.
I am going to buy ready-made kits for these purposes, tell me such kits if you know where to buy and what is better?
If you know an official dealer, send it in a private message so that they don’t think it’s advertising if it’s dangerous for the forum. I wrote about the video cards that I found on the net since I have never seen or tested anything higher than 4090. Thanks in advance for your answer and help.

I’m also ready to buy sets of 4-6 cards in a case, several pieces
(09-26-2023, 05:17 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: Most of those cards are... Less than ideal. The professional cards will cost a significant amount more than an equally as powerful consumer GPU. That being said, if you are planing to put these into a single system, 8x 4090 isn't even easily possible. If somehow it is possible for you, through custom water cooling or something, the 8x 4090 would be best but ONLY if you are NOT using risers. If you are going to use risers, things get a good bit more complicated as they can cause serious issues.

perhaps you have some ideas?
You will almost certainly not be able to buy a system that has 8x 4090. You will end up being forced to buy professional cards for a system like that and it will cost a lot more money. If you want a large system with many GPUs to use for hashcat, unfortunately the best option is 8x Quadro RTX 6000 Ada GPUs in an existing 8 GPU chassis. The problem with that is that it will cost somewhere close to $90,000 from a system integrator since those cards are $7000-8000 each. But hey, that's better than the $16000/each price of the A100 80gb.

Here's an example of such a system: https://bizon-tech.com/bizon-g7000.html#...2665:46467

This is not an endorsement and I've never bought or used any of their systems, but it's a good example.
(09-26-2023, 06:03 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: You will almost certainly not be able to buy a system that has 8x 4090. You will end up being forced to buy professional cards for a system like that and it will cost a lot more money. If you want a large system with many GPUs to use for hashcat, unfortunately the best option is 8x Quadro RTX 6000 Ada GPUs in an existing 8 GPU chassis. The problem with that is that it will cost somewhere close to $90,000 from a system integrator since those cards are $7000-8000 each. But hey, that's better than the $16000/each price of the A100 80gb.

Here's an example of such a system: https://bizon-tech.com/bizon-g7000.html#...2665:46467

This is not an endorsement and I've never bought or used any of their systems, but it's a good example.

https://www.avadirect.com/GIGABYTE-G292-...#ln-696588 

bizon price 90k$ maybe this best?
(09-26-2023, 06:07 PM)svobodnui11 Wrote:
(09-26-2023, 06:03 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: You will almost certainly not be able to buy a system that has 8x 4090. You will end up being forced to buy professional cards for a system like that and it will cost a lot more money. If you want a large system with many GPUs to use for hashcat, unfortunately the best option is 8x Quadro RTX 6000 Ada GPUs in an existing 8 GPU chassis. The problem with that is that it will cost somewhere close to $90,000 from a system integrator since those cards are $7000-8000 each. But hey, that's better than the $16000/each price of the A100 80gb.

https://www.avadirect.com/GIGABYTE-G292-...#ln-696588 

bizon price 90k$ maybe this best?

Attached Files
.png   2023-09-26 191147.png (Size: 313.77 KB / Downloads: 7)
Those aren't even the same generation of GPU, much less the same performance. The RTX8000 is not better than the RTX 6000 Ada, this is a problem they have created with the poor naming scheme. The RTX 6000 Ada will be significantly faster, something like 2.5x faster, hence the significant price. Also you DO NOT want the NVLink bridges for hashcat, we don't need nor do we even support NVLink.
(09-26-2023, 05:17 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: Most of those cards are... Less than ideal. The professional cards will cost a significant amount more than an equally as powerful consumer GPU. That being said, if you are planing to put these into a single system, 8x 4090 isn't even easily possible. If somehow it is possible for you, through custom water cooling or something, the 8x 4090 would be best but ONLY if you are NOT using risers. If you are going to use risers, things get a good bit more complicated as they can cause serious issues.

Can you explain a bit more about that - " the 8x 4090 would be best but ONLY if you are NOT using risers. If you are going to use risers, things get a good bit more complicated as they can cause serious issues. "

Isn't the x1 speed only affecting certain types of attacks? And even in that case just loosing some performance because of it?
(09-26-2023, 09:02 PM)niceguy123 Wrote: Can you explain a bit more about that - " the 8x 4090 would be best but ONLY if you are NOT using risers. If you are going to use risers, things get a good bit more complicated as they can cause serious issues. "

Isn't the x1 speed only affecting certain types of attacks? And even in that case just loosing some performance because of it?

You've actually highlighted a part of the issue beautifully without even knowing it. The vast majority of people getting into this, yourself included, are familiar with the x1 risers like miners use, like the USB3 cable style risers. Those are what I was primarily referring to and they are the source of all the riser issues we see.  x1 risers, beyond just limiting you to x1 lanes which, as you've pointed out, will certainly impact your performance, also almost always wildly deviate from anything close to the "spec" for PCIe. The amount of tx/rx errors you will see due to interference, which will further impact performance or cause GPUs to be completely inoperable, tend to be drastically higher on risers like this. If we ignore the limited bandwidth and horrible interference, they are also typically not built to the quality standards or design standards they should be to handle the load they are put under, which can quickly turn them into fire hazards. x1 risers like the USB ones miners are often seen using are NOT something you should be using for HPC workloads that stress the bus and/or cause the GPUs to draw significant power. Mining does neither of those things and so the corners they cut in building them don't have as significant of an impact. Comparing hashcat to mining is a really bad idea, they are not the same kind of workload.

Now, the reason I said it gets more complicated is because there are risers out there that are good quality and built to a specification that makes them usable for hashcat and/or other heavy HPC workloads. They offer good bandwidth at x4 or x8, they offer good signal quality and low interference, and they offer stable power without the risk of melting. They are also relatively expensive, with some going for hundreds of dollars per riser. Not the kind of thing your average user is going to want to pay or generally know how to even look up. If you are looking for a system integrator to put a system together for you, they aren't even an option for you, so there's no real point in bringing them up. If you are looking to build a system yourself, you've got to select the right motherboard, CPU, etc. to even be compatible with such risers and so it's a major consideration with some major costs. I will, tentatively, be releasing an updated guide that goes over some of this stuff to try and help people understand their options better, but I can't promise that will be any time soon. For now the best advice I can give is to stay away from ANY risers as much as you possibly can.