Convert .cap file question
Hello ya!!!

It's been a couple of years since I posted or used hashcat. Had some family issue plus new career that keep me busy outside of the house. 

I choose to come back and man things have change since the last time I was here.. 

I finally have a good gpu to run my hash cracking. Enough of the small talk . I been trying to figure this out and I'm sorry but I haven't found it or I'm missing something. 

I set a wireless router and had my daughter enter a password. I did the following . 

started 

airodump-ng --bssid <ssid> -c 11 -w homelab wlan1mon

I did a deauth 

aireplay-ng -0 10 -a <ssid> wlan1mon  

after a few seconds I was able to capture a handshake. left it running for 3 mins then stopped it. 

Since there is a new format .22000 I can't figure out how to convert the .cap file to that format. I tried finding tutorial but there something missing. 

I have installed hcxdumptool and hcxpcapngtool as well. I keep reading you have to convert the pcapng but I don't have that in my folder where the .cap file is located. 

If someone has steps how to concert .cap file to .22000 format that would be great. I know there is a site to upload this but I want to learn the command. My thought is what happens is site goes down or I don't have internet access to upload the file.  

Any kind of help would be awesome or a tutorial I could would be great. 

Thanks,

Messages In This Thread
Convert .cap file question - by Willyboy - 03-15-2024, 12:43 AM
RE: Convert .cap file question - by ZerBea - 03-19-2024, 11:42 PM
RE: Convert .cap file question - by ZerBea - 04-23-2024, 09:48 AM