Starter Questions
well I'm pretty new with this prog as well and i use HC gui cause i'm lazy but here's what I know, (I hope)!
in this post i think it's Rolf that explains what oclHC is good for: http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-190.html
as far as the multi hash goes I see in the gui u can have more than one hash file in the list separated by a : never done it tho. and help in the giu, and prob in ocl as well tells u about using the rules, (either ur own, ones u have DL here or generating as many as u want). Also bout input file(s), output threads segments and so on. Good place to start. don't know enough to comment on the cards and how many cause i'm not using them, (I'm on an old laptop, No CUDA damn it!) and as for the best results I figure would be a mix of the 2. GUI for using ur word lists and ocl for the mask and BF'ing. as for the ntlm hashes HC only does the NT wont do the LM and if i'm not mistaken u gotta separate the two to even load the hashes. least that's what i had to do to get the gui to work on them. Hope this helps a little.

Messages In This Thread
Starter Questions - by squaredroot - 11-29-2010, 07:00 AM
RE: Starter Questions - by Tommie_c - 11-29-2010, 07:28 AM
RE: Starter Questions - by atom - 11-29-2010, 12:09 PM
RE: Starter Questions - by squaredroot - 11-30-2010, 06:37 AM
RE: Starter Questions - by mastercracker - 11-30-2010, 03:52 PM