Electrum support - aes_decrypt (sha256 (sha256 ($pass), $data)
That's a standalone proof of concept. But I'm glad others are starting to find this thread via google, I was expecting that. You can't compile it into hashcat. And it doesn't work with electrum v4, this is for earlier versions of electrum.

(The reason I released that was that there should be a very small overlap between the versions of electrum leaking the seed a few days ago and the versions of electrum still using that old seed format my cracker is aimed at).

@ Dear hashcat pros, can anyone please take a look at AES and give me an idea as to where the bottleneck is? I would pay your hourly rate if you don't want to get paid as a bounty to improve performances.

Also would it be correct to say the data parallelization at the beginning of the AES algoritms implement in hashcat doesn't make sense? I mean leaving some of the local inversion matrix variables at zero, to spread them over the local workers in the same working group – how does that makes any sense at all? It's not speeding anything up, is it? The zeroed slots in the inversion matrix still need to be processed.

Edit: github issue: https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat/issues/1495

Messages In This Thread
RE: Electrum support - aes_decrypt (sha256 (sha256 ($pass), $data) - by uaioaqo - 01-23-2018, 01:09 PM